Thanks for the reply tigertiger. However, the test centre is no longer giving out the English questions or any English test material (I just registered today for the test in 2 weeks). DOES ANYONE HAVE THE CURRENT TEST, paper or electronic? Send me a PM or write back here if you do asap as I only have 2 weeks to study (you have to book the test within the month).
Does anyone have the current 2013 driving test (paper version) questions in English? If not, if I go to register for the test, will they give me the paper-version of the test for free? Finally, my American license will expire in December (the new one is being processed right now). Should I wait for the new license to arrive or should I just take the driving test before my American one expires?
Yes, the Green Lake English Corner is up and running depending on the weather. It generally has people showing up around 7:30pm and lasts until about 10:00pm on Thursday or so depending on the participants. However, if it rains, it tends to be cancelled. It takes place in front of the Green Lake Hotel.
No results found.
I usually don't write reviews, but this place is a BUYER BEWARE! We bought a number of pieces of furniture as the look of them were similar to IKEA. However, after being assembled at our apartment, we started getting sick and our son broke out in a severe rash. We tried to let it air out figuring it just needed time, but even after time, the smell and chemical toxins still remained. We tried to get a refund but the company refused. We went to get the furniture tested and ran into the person who is in charge of quality assurance for the company at the testing place. He, as well as the chemical tester said, that we can get the furniture tested, but the results would be inconclusive as the toxins could be from the apartment, not from the furniture. We eventually got a third party to test the furniture and they came back positive for a number of toxins. However, by Chinese standards, although poisonous to humans, it wasn't enough proof to sue to the company (and the company knows this). A friend of mine says they use plastic varnish which is toxic for people. Even a friend of mine had to return a bed from there but they only took it back after he said that his doctor wrote a note saying that his sickness was because of the furniture. Even now, some of the furniture still smells.
My rant posted on the forum:
This is also a general warning to stay way from B&Q (a DIY construction store) and Toto (a brand name for toilets, bathtubs, and the like). Here are the many strikes against them:
1. I went to buy paint for remodeling. The first day I went, there was a lady who gave me advice on the differences in paint. When I went back the following day to actually buy the paint, none of the employees had any clue about the paint and couldn't be bothered. They said only one employee had any knowledge and she wasn't working that day. They also convinced me to buy adhesive tape to cover door frames for painting, but the painter told me they sold me rubbish. Strike one.
2. Before I knew the nightmare of B&Q, I decided to buy a bathtub. Finally decided on one and tried to buy it. Wait, you need to pay extra for the drain and any attachments. That's nice. Oh wait, we don't have that model available. Well, which models do you have available? None. All need to be ordered from Timbuktu. So you are selling bathtubs that aren't really available? Yes. Strike two.
3. I should've left then, but I just wanted to finish with this one part of my remodeling before moving on so I bought the bathtub from B&Q that they could deliver it within 20 days. 20 days later, no bathtub, no communication. Eventually I call B&Q and ask where the bathtub is. The B&Q staff says she will look into it and call me later. 1 day later, still no communication, no call back. What's wrong with these people? Strike three.
4. I call again and ask about the bathtub. The staff says he will look into it and call back. I tell him that's exactly what happened before and then the staff never called back. He does eventually call back to tell me that the bathtub isn't ready yet. This is 25 days after purchase. He says he will call me when it's ready. Heads up, he doesn't call back. Strike four.
5. Later on, I call and call and call until finally the bathtub is ready to be delivered. We set a time and a date. Right before it's suppose to be delivered, the expensive drain and decorations that cost extra cannot be delivered because, oops, they haven't been made yet. Strike five.
6. The guys are set to deliver the tub at 9am. They arrive at 11am. They know my address so they know that the apartment is the top floor. Yet, they refuse to send it to the apartment because it's too high. Then, they argue that they need four people to lift the bathtub. So I argue, why do you only send three people if you need four people to lift the bathtub? They say they will leave the bathtub and not deliver it if I don't help them. WTF? Eventually, I just want everything to be over, so I help them up the stairs with the bathtub. Admittedly, it's pretty heavy, but WTF couldn't they arrange another person? Strike six.
7. The bathtub is delivered (with a scratch), but without the drain. Wait a minute, the person who I hired to install the bathtub says he cannot install without the drain. So I contact the Toto manufacture guy to ask about the drain. Oh, we haven't started making it yet. Wait, I ordered this 30+ days ago and you don't have it? Strike seven.
8. Eventually, the Toto guy says that he doesn't know when the drain will be made and he suggest I go back to B&Q to refund the drain and buy a new one. This is 40 days after purchase!!! Why the heck would I buy an expensive, stupid drain that will never be made and then go buy another one!!! Strike eight.
In general, stay way from B&Q and stay away from buying Toto. The after purchase service is horrible. There is no coordination between the store, the factories, and the delivery service. Now some of you may say "this is China" or "this is Kunming", but I've been working with a number of people for this apartment renovation and though everyone is late, things do eventually get done and they try to do things right. B&Q and Toto have shown complete incompetence throughout the process and an attitude of just not caring as long as they get your money. I will complain to the management of B&Q, but I know it will fall on deaf ears.
Note: You can also take busses 31, 32, 52, 67, 86, 122, 134, 154, and A2 to the bus stop Shuang Qiao Cun (双桥村) and go from there.