GoKunming Forums

Trading in an old iPhone

Andrew_AWS (34 posts) • 0

I have an old iPhone 3GS, and I'd like to get a 4S. Does anyone know if it's possible in Kunming to trade in an old phone in order to get a discount for a new one? The old one works and looks good, but the sleep button on top doesn't work.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I don't think they have programs like in the USA to uptrade. But old iphones sell fairly well, even broken ones as they can be fixed easily. So sell it and spend the money for a new or used 4s.

xb6asd (170 posts) • 0

You can sell your phone to companies ( near xiao xi men) as long as it has an American imei

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Given that you the 6 is about to come out, you might be able to get a 5 cheaply. Nuke your data from the old one before selling it.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

In some electronics building that have several phone repair shops, there are sometimes a few booths that will exchange your old phone for a more recent one at a discounted price, depending on the condition of your phone. The phone that you get will either be refurbished or new. They will normally be clear about that.

The shops in the electronics building on Yuantong Beilu might offer this kind of deal.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll have a look round for places that sell second hand phones and see what kind of a deal I can get.

I ended up buying a refurbished 4Gs from taobao. 16gb, appearance as new, bit under 1500. Works well so far. However I still have my old 3GS. The 2nd hand dealers I spoke to were only willing to give me risible amounts (100). I only talked to a couple near huangtupo market though.

Related forum threads

Login to post