GoKunming Forums

Yellow Fever (relationship) documentary

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I came to China when i was 38 and I am certain I was NOT ready for marriage then. I think a marriage has more chances of success if the man is a bit older than the woman (at least 45) since men do not mature as early as women.

Immaturity = Infidelity is a major cause of divorce.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

haha. Infidelity is the leading cause of immaturity...

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@HFCampo 3. And furthermore I'm not sure that having university education is any guarantee of a good marriage.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

What makes Asian women attractive to me is that they aren't stupid, over-domineering, man-hating, lazy 300lb tubs of lard. What makes China attractive to me is that the laws aren't completely biased against men in the event of divorce or allegations of "rape" or "sexual harassment". I'm also not automatically labelled as a "child molester".

I used to think that there was something inherently wrong with white women, but I've come to realise it's mainly from half a century of brainwash and propaganda(particularly in North America).

For the time being I think (overall) Chinese women make very good partners for those who are serious about marriage or raising a family. Of course if you are one of those guys with "yellow fever" that thinks with their penis rather than their brain...except to get screwed in more ways other than the way you're thinking of.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

In the video, Steven, age 60, a loser with a messy apartment who had a hoarding fetish, did not mind what type of chinese woman he got as long as he got one. So he did not mind that Sandy was not educated.

In the end I think they can be happy with each other in their symbiotic relationship. Education has no bearing on their relationship and they can be happy together. Sandy wanted to go to nursing school so it is obvious that she has a desire to improve herself.

It all depends on what the person is looking for. Since I do not speak swahili or french or German I am not interested in my wife learning these languages. I am only interested in her learning english well, since she already spoke english when we first met. My mother tongue is Spanish but it would be unreasonable of me to ask my wife to learn spanish when the international language is english.

To be successful in marriage a couple should be equally yoked and share common interests. For my wife and I, this includes travel, education, and helping others.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

She wasn't "educated" not by choice. In the documentary she mentioned that her parents apologized to her because they couldn't pay for her education having 3 other siblings. I rather have a woman with 'common sense' and 'wisdom' then have a woman who is 'college education' but dumb as hell in the 'real world'. Sandy is the kind of woman can 'work with'. She makes an excellent partner. She's willing to try. She's not lazy. I agree with @Anonymous Coward. Relationships don't work if you have too many opposites. If she clean and he's dirty, eventually that can snowball into one of the things that will lead to divorce. Having common interests and goal is the key. Seeing each other as equal partners will go along way to making it last.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

old misfits with crappy lifestyl make good tv but are one extreme and not the norm.

Related forum threads

Login to post