GoKunming Forums

Quitting the job: NEED HELP!

viajante (58 posts) • 0

I'm quitting my job and as far as I know my visa has to be cancelled, and changed to some other type of visa * (up to one month). I have only two weeks left and everybody seems to be very reluctant about everything, my boss saying that they will deal with this after I leave! What is the possible outcome of me leaving the country without cancelling a work visa? Does anybody know a phone number of the local PSB, do they work on weekends? And is two weeks enough time to deal with this?

AndrewDAndrewD (72 posts) • 0

You might be able to sign up for Chinese lessons at a school, and they should be able to change your visa to a student visa.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

Sign up for some Chinese classes. You will not even have to leave Kunming to change to a student visa. It is quick and painless.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

HFCampo that is true: 8,000 per year or more.

viajante (58 posts) • 0

I didn't think about that - why pay the tuition when I'm leaving China in a month... not going to come back anytime soon.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Even if you aren't coming back anytime soon, don't burn your bridges. Especially with regard with your visa.

xb6asd (170 posts) • 0

What visa are you on now? Are you 100% sure your permit is canceled? Does it have a stamp on it? Do not burn bridges regarding visas if you ever plan on returning on that specific visa\permit.

viajante (58 posts) • 0

With all the due respect, paying a bunch of money for a student visa I'm not even going to use doesn't sound like a good idea...

Related forum threads

Login to post