GoKunming Forums

Forums are quickly deteriorating

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

In the last couple of years, the forum thread has really deteriorated. Instead of constructive information and intellectual exchanges, it has rapidly become a place for name calling, trolling and just plain annoying topics. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in free speech but it's just plain sad that it's gone to this level. I suspect a lot of it has to do with the age and immaturity of the posters. I think I'm not the only one who has notice this sad trend. Let's bring back to were it was tolerable. (End Rant)

opper (52 posts) • 0

but the classic burger king versus pickled chicken feet debate is of crucial importance to the kunming community

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Must be a lot of kids if to do with age and maturity of posters as I see nearly everyone on these threads adding a bit of the old one upmanship. From the way people talk of there lives, it seems to be a slightly older stream of people on here contributing.
Among the silly debates some useful info also manages to float to the surface, so no panic they still have value :o)

blue. (170 posts) • 0

I'd add. Difficult to do journalism here. So articles are boring, people write more on forums even if they have nothing to say.
Also, I feel that the problem is not young people writing, but many silly topics are proposed instead by persons with more than 800 posts. Maybe I wrong but I have the feeling that older users bring gokmg down.

Also BK lovers didn't help recently to increase the value of this platform.

blue. (170 posts) • 0

then a lot of arrogance I'd say. Judging trolls, pushing threads till the not respect.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

It's not so much the topic but how quickly it degenerates.

Related forum threads

Login to post