GoKunming Forums

Subway card

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

What about the subway tickets or cards?
Does anyone know if the bus cards can be used or is it a different system?

Is the opening date fixed? Still April 30?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

From a previous article:

"Fares will be payable in cash at both ticket machines and vendors, or by swiping a rechargeable metro card.

A hard and fast date for the two lines has not been announced, although April 30 has been labeled a "tentative" goal."

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I purchased a metro card a while back. You can get one from the vendor next to the ticket machines. The card required a 20 RMB deposit.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

I can't seem to find the article with the 30th April 'tentative goal' can someone link me please?

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

Thanks for the previous posts and info.

I bought the card, it didn't work that well to charge it but what the heck it's the first day and in the end it did work.

As HFCAMPO said it's 20RMB for the deposit, but again there could be stations with difficulties to charge it.

So buy the card and a single ticket and try at your destination again. Worked for me, today.

You can't use the Metro card for bus or vice versa, but hopefully they will have combo cards in the next few month.

I paid 4 kuai for Jiaosan qiao to the North bus station. Not bad.
I heard the most expensive

one-way fare will be 7 kuai but let's see.

Anyway they did it. Congrats Kunming!

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Great news. I'd probably wait a few weeks before riding it though, just to make sure.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I am sure the subway will be crowded these next few days because of the holidays. I am looking forward to taking a ride soon.

Related forum threads

Login to post