GoKunming Forums

Arabic food

Inthelivinfor (50 posts) • 0

Any place to eat a Kebab in Kunming? or arabic food?

Something that has nothing to be with Asian arabic food(eg.xinjiang)

Any place where Cous cous (kus kus? X) is made?

I am trying to check 点评 but my chinese seems to be not good enough to find out this...

谢谢!!!

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Arab food comes from Arab countries; Xinjiang is not an Arab area. Couscous is Berber food from North Africa. Kebabs are eaten in many countries (eg, Iran), not only Arab ones - you can get kebabs from numerous Hui street stalls. Arab countries are the ones where Arabic is the major language, although in North Africa many of the Berber inhabitants object to being called Arabs.

Anyway, I don't know of an Arab restaurant in Kunming, though my guess is that there may well be one somewhere.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Do you mean Doner kebabs? If so, there are none in KM that I am aware of. If you do find any, let me know! I'm craving.

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

@inthelivinfor What is 点评?

I can see it means a "point by point commentary" acc to the dictionary. But I dont get it?

Daithi

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

dianping.com
it's a popular Chinese website for food reviews.

Inthelivinfor (50 posts) • 0

Sorry if i didnt use the best word to classify people.

The world is huge and even if we try, it is difficult to respect everything.

just my apologies if i offended anyone.

In any case, i would really like to eat arabic food in all senses.

i have only been to Marocco, and i didnt really have the chance to discover their gastronomy...and i thought that maybe someone around here knows a place in kunming.

dianping.com is a food review website. Yankee00 got it right.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

We still don't know what you mean by 'arabic food' - can you be more specific?
Perhaps the most varied cuisine in the Arab world is Lebanese - Arab, Turkish & Greek ancestry - perhaps it's also the most widespread outside of the Arab world.

Related forum threads

Login to post