GoKunming Forums

Finding a Chinese girlfriend

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

GaoXing = Nevet = My screen name was gaoxing but I ticked off too many people so they deleted my profile. Thaks for your honesty but since you have been here before you already know the exact answer to this question.

So why do you ply innocent and ask this question -

How hard is it for a white western guy to find a Chinese girlfriend?

I don't have luck with white women in my country so I'm thinking about coming to China to try my luck.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

There are, of course, cultural generalizations that one can make about people, but if you are interested in them I strongly suggest that you consider them first and foremost as individuals rather than as citizens of some particular country or as members of a 'race', residents of a particular continent, etc. That goes for Chinese women, western men, etc. Getting a girlfriend is a little different from deciding whether you prefer McDonalds or Burger King, and if you look at people as members of categories first and foremost you will never get to know anybody.
Having said that, getting a Chinese girlfriend is not all that hard and if you really can't manage it the problem is much more likely to be you than 'them' as a group.

nevet (27 posts) • 0

I wanted to get laid like a rock star when I was there.

I'm still mad about it...4 years later...

nevet (27 posts) • 0

Oh, Yunnan Normal University sucks. The management there is rude and the living accomodations are disgusting. I stayed in the dorms for a few weeks.

I was going to study there but I was so ticked off I left and went to Hong Kong.

I never checked out of my dorm.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@nevet

How old are you? 20? 25?
Not to be cruel but I think that you need to do a 'soul search'. You need to make positive changes in your life. Stop focusing on 'getting laid' or 'finding a girlfriend'. As I said before, the problem is YOU. You must have a non-winning personality that ticks people of. Just sayin'. Change your attitude to a positive one and things will change for you. Look at the cup as 'half filled' and you will be happier.

Chris Wong (4 posts) • 0

I don't know why a lot people keep posting and saying that its super easy to hook up wit Chinese girls if you are a White. for my perspective, it really depends on who you are, what kind of personality you are, and most importantly, do you attractive enough to those women. If you are looking for some casual sex, just go to clubs and bars. But if you want some really serious relationships, we can't generally tell you how easy or hard as it is.

However, girls are all the same, no matter what kind of races they are on this issue. So good luck, guess that is only we can say.

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

@gaoxing....

Wow, has it really been four years since you burned your way across GoKunming. I remember your rants about starving to death because of the food. Those were some funny rants. Welcome back to Asia.

Kate.Kunming (40 posts) • 0

Finding a Chinese that's a piece of cake!
Why? You are white, you come from a 'rich' and 'advanced' country —> you can offer stability and mixed raced children. Most Chinese people only care about financial security due to the lack of state social benefits. No one really cares about your look and personality (citation from my hairdresser). Plus the language barrier (if you cannot communicate you dont have deep conversations and serious discussions) and of course the cultural difference (Chinese would assume that your odd behaviour is normal for people from your country). People from the same foreign country can tell straight away if someone has some real mental issues or is a looser.

I have seen a lot of foreign guys over here with Chinese girlfriends and I'm really happy for them, because back home (for a various reasons) it's not easy for them to find a girlfriend. And for a foreigner it's easy to tell why. Of course it's just easier to buy a plane ticket and go to another country to find a girlfriend, where you can also get a whole new identity, instead of just changing yourself and asking yourself what's the problem with you.
By the way, there is a much cheaper option: There are agencies in every country that help you to find a girlfriend ;-) So no need to waist so much time and money on coming here.
If it's just for sex, someone told me prostitutes are very cheap over here...

Related forum threads

Login to post