My advice to Nevet (who is white, by the way) is that if you don't have luck with Western women, you aren't alone. Many western men also don't because many western women these days are annoying little brats that believe themselves to be higher/better than every man they meet for some reason. They try to find a man who will ride in on a white horse and sweep them off their feet, but still respect them, value their opinion, but at the same to be assertive, aggressive, but caring and thoughful, intelligent yet quick to take action, etc etc etc... basically the unattainable for anyone as it is so full of conflicting traits its not funny. A generalisation of many for sure, but this makes a lot of western women generally annoying and undateable/unapproachable (which is why so many of them end up alone or with lots of cats!). #RANT OVER!!#
But that doesn't mean that you will like Chinese women. They are traditional or semi traditional mainly and have a great love of family. They still marry a man still for some advantage, more wealth, better connections etc (been going on for centuries), but increasingly will marry the man they fall in love with no matter if he is a butchers boy (the family won't like that though) or a CEO of some massive company (the family will love that). So you still have to be a good guy generally (treat your wife/girlfriend with respect and love) to get a Chinese wifey long term, which is the same really as the west. Here though you will marry not just the wife, but their whole family, from a financial aspect and general dependence aspect. If you aren't into marrying into a close family, I wouldn't advise coming to find women in China, or anywhere in Asia really. Many western men don't like having much to do with their wife's family, don't come to Asia if you are like this, your mother in law may end up living with you eventually and bringing up your kids! (My mother in law is about 9 kinds of awesome so I don't mind this at all!)
Of course short term you can find a girlfriend to have fun with but I assume you are looking longer term.
If you want a Chinese girlfriend, use the following method:
1. Come and study the language/culture, have the funds to support you to do this for about 6-12 months. You will find it really hard to get a girl anywhere to stay with you if you don't understand her at all.
2. Have fun, ONS's etc burning away some yellow fever to start with while studying (have the funds to support this too!).
3. Once you have workable Chinese and a decent grasp of the culture, look for a long term girlfriend. To do this, look for a girl who IS NOT INTERESTED in you, but who you like, and chase her. DO NOT go for the girls who express extreme interest in you, bordering on the irrational. Be smart to know the difference. The ones that aren't chasing you are the ones that don't really care about having foreign boyfriends or explicitly do not want foreign boyfriends (i.e. they are not interested in visas etc and/or speak lousy English and don't care and/or love being in China but generally haven't been anywhere else).
4. Win her heart by using your irresistible charm and the exotic factor :). At this point you need to figure out if you want to stay in China (where you will inevitably end up teaching) or head back to the west, which will take a lot of input from your partner. If you are at odds with what you want eventually (discuss this in the first few months of the relationship) break it off, preferably before you have met the family etc, as there are about a 100 million more fish in the sea. Rinse and repeat steps 3&4 until you find the right one.
5. Live happily ever after with one foot in both countries (be prepared for this from the start).