GoKunming Forums

Accessing Gmail

thewonderer (59 posts) • 0

Hi,

I hope to be coming over to china this year but am concerned whether i will be able to access gmail from a PC and from my android phone. I use google a fair bit and the calendar is my lifeline.

Does anyone have any stories about access these services ?

thanks.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

It some times won't load, just smash your head on enter repeatedly and it will eventually load. It's also very slow and not worth using.

flengs (109 posts) • 0

It won't work without a VPN. Being in China without a VPN is like being in the Arctic without gloves or in the middle of the ocean without a boat. Just purchase one, it's cheap and it will win you hours, days, weeks of your precious time. I do not understand there are foreigners in China without one, seriously.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@flengs What you're saying is not true. You DON'T NEED VPN. It's nice to have but you certainly DON'T NEED it. You need it if you want to get on Youtube, Twitter and some other sites but you can live withou it. Been here for 8 years and I'm doing just fine.

faraday (213 posts) • 0

Hi,
Gmail is no problem.
Google calendar - i could not get it to work.
Google Drive - worked on android but not on PC.

Recommend a backup plan..

thewonderer (59 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the feedback . So it sounds like gmail should be ok. But if i am relying on google calendar on my android phone dont count on it. Unless i have vpn on my phone....?

I know a bit of track but whats the choices like in over their for mobile phone operators?

Related forum threads

Login to post