Wonders Of Yunnan Travel


Must register new passport within 10 days

Kernalpanx (74 posts) • 0

When I moved to Dali it took me almost two weeks to register as the policeman that knew how to do the registration was not in for a few days ... Then he was on vacation.

gbtexdoc (217 posts) • 0

Just a follow up:

This year I got one of the new 10-year visas as well as a new passport (USA.) Took it to the entry/exit bureau 昆明市公安局出入境接待大厅 on Tuodong Road across from Kunming Museum this morning to register it. 地址拓东路118

The main officer on duty told me it was not necessary. Since I had already registered my new passport and visa information at my local Paichusuo 李树头派出所 within 24 hours of arrival, nothing else needed to be done.

He explained that even though my new visa has a duration of each stay of 60 days, it could be extended to 90 days if I brought in my paperwork one week in advance of my "leave-by" date.

I was not sure whether this would cancel the visa or not, as "extensions" sometimes do. He said it wouldn't.

Our conversation was in Chinese, and none of the new regulations were available in writing, so I could have parts of it wrong.

JanJal (1049 posts) • 0

Staying in China specifically on a _visa_ does not require registration at Entry & Exit Bureau.

Only if you have a visa (typically work or spousal visa), which requires conversion to Temporary Residence Permit (not the same paper which is acquired from local PSB within 24 hours), then you must do that conversion at Entry & Exit Bureau.

Since your visa requires you to leave China every 60 days, you don't have to bother Entry & Exit.

Lanajot (61 posts) • 0

Anyone with recent experience of this process? We will leave for our home country during January-February. We plan to renew our passports then. We have more than a year left over on them, but need new ones with more time for when we renew our work permits and residence visas in September 2019 A few questions... Can we travel back to China with two passports and which one will be stamped upon entry back into China? Does the immigration officer need to see both? Should we then apply within 10 days to transfer work permits and residence visas to the new passports? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Xiefei (519 posts) • +2

Yes. Show both passports at customs. The current interpretation is that you need to register the new passports within 10 days of entering the country on them.

Liumingke1234 (3289 posts) • +2

Also you must bring both passports to your nearest police station to registrar and get that receipt of proof of registration. Make sure to make copies for them of the new passport.

Login to post Register to post