I considered the 2 year permit but in the end you pay more than the 1 year permit. The process is relatively easy so it is not such a burden to do this once a year. When we get over 60, the 3 year is worth a try.
Actually the 2 year permit is 800 yuan. 400 per year. That's what the officer told me when we asked. I don't know about the 3 year though.
1 year = 400
2 year = 800 + 400 for physical exam
Not worth the extra expense and trouble going to get physical.
@bucko, is that true the 3 years price is the same as 2 year 800 rmb. That is what they quoted my wife.
I see your point.
I believe it was 800 + 400 exam. I did it last Oct so I can't remember exactly.
That's about right.
Here is the regulations I found -
Article 76 Under any of the following circumstances, a warning shall be given, and a fine of not more than RMB 2,000 yuan may also be imposed:
(1) Foreigners refuse to accept examination of their exit/entry documents by public security organs;
(2) Foreigners refuse to submit their residence permits for examination;
(3) Persons concerned fail to go through the formalities for foreigners' birth registration or death declaration in accordance with relevant regulations;
(4) Foreigners fail to go through the formalities for altering registration in accordance with the relevant regulations when there is any change in the registered items in their residence permits;
(5) Foreigners in China use others' exit/entry documents; or
(6) Persons concerned fail to go through registration formalities in accordance with the provisions in the second paragraph of Article 39 of this Law.
Hotels that fail to process accommodation registration for foreigners shall be punished in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Penalties for Administration of Public Security; hotels that fail to submit foreigners' accommodation registration information to public security organs shall be given a warning; where circumstances are serious, such hotels shall be fined not less than RMB 1,000 yuan but not more than RMB 5,000 yuan.