GoKunming Forums

Must register new passport within 10 days

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I considered the 2 year permit but in the end you pay more than the 1 year permit. The process is relatively easy so it is not such a burden to do this once a year. When we get over 60, the 3 year is worth a try.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO
Actually the 2 year permit is 800 yuan. 400 per year. That's what the officer told me when we asked. I don't know about the 3 year though.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

1 year = 400
2 year = 800 + 400 for physical exam

Not worth the extra expense and trouble going to get physical.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Here is the regulations I found -

www.npc.gov.cn/npc/xinwen/2012-07/01/content_1728516_10.htm

第七十六条 有下列情形之一的,给予警告,可以并处二千元以下罚款

()外国人拒不接受公安机关查验其出境入境证件的

()外国人拒不交验居留证件的

()未按照规定办理外国人出生登记死亡申报的

()外国人居留证件登记事项发生变更,未按照规定办理变更的

()在中国境内的外国人冒用他人出境入境证件的

()未按照本法第三十九条第二款规定办理登记的

旅馆未按照规定办理外国人住宿登记的,依照中华人民共和国治安管理处罚法的有关规定予以处罚未按照规定向公安机关报送外国人住宿登记信息的,给予警告情节严重的,处一千元以上五千元以下罚款

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

www.mps.gov.cn/n16/n84147/n84181/3837123.html

Article 76

Article 76 Under any of the following circumstances, a warning shall be given, and a fine of not more than RMB 2,000 yuan may also be imposed:

(1) Foreigners refuse to accept examination of their exit/entry documents by public security organs;

(2) Foreigners refuse to submit their residence permits for examination;

(3) Persons concerned fail to go through the formalities for foreigners' birth registration or death declaration in accordance with relevant regulations;

(4) Foreigners fail to go through the formalities for altering registration in accordance with the relevant regulations when there is any change in the registered items in their residence permits;

(5) Foreigners in China use others' exit/entry documents; or

(6) Persons concerned fail to go through registration formalities in accordance with the provisions in the second paragraph of Article 39 of this Law.

Hotels that fail to process accommodation registration for foreigners shall be punished in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Penalties for Administration of Public Security; hotels that fail to submit foreigners' accommodation registration information to public security organs shall be given a warning; where circumstances are serious, such hotels shall be fined not less than RMB 1,000 yuan but not more than RMB 5,000 yuan.

Related forum threads

Login to post