GoKunming Forums

Why do miserable foreigners remain in China?

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

@Ifoundthetuna, also, what you consider "manners" in your culture is not universal. All cultures have different ideas of civility, and again it is "colonial" to assume that my oen culture is the world standard of manners, and all other cultures should comply and submit.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

mmkunmingteacher - earlier I made a post that identified you as tommann and Nevet as Gaoxing. I got this evidence straight from the horses mouth - yourselves.

The reason I mention this is because there is plenty of evidence on this particular forum for you to prove the point you are trying to make. It seems that you are looking for acknowledgement of some kind. You will never get those people who are unhappy to admit how they feel but you can gather enough evidence from the posts they make to prove your point. It is very clear to all readers who those unhappy people are so this should be enough. They speak in riddles and never give clear examples and they are always trying to justify their miserable condition. This is enough, you can never make anyone admit what they dont want to.

It is like trying to make an alcoholic admit that he is an alcoholic - it will never happen.

I think this is what you are looking for so simply read this entire post and then name the culprits just as I did with you and Nevet.

After you have done this, then have the self discipline to leave this post alone and be satisfied that you have proven your point.

I continue to use this statement because it seems you are trying to prove a point. So call them out, name them and let those who are unhappy here in China either defend themselves or ignore you.

If you continually come back to this forum and try to prove your point then you make yourself look immature and you are losing credibility. I do not mean to attack you in any way, i am just making an observation and giving some (unwanted) advice.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Here's some reassurance, HFCAMPO. Now you can finally cross out the next term on your laminated poster of the pyramid of Maslow.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yankee - I have no idea what your cryptic message states. Maybe you should tell us all the other names of your aliases that you previously used as you clearly admited in a previous post.

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

mmkunmingteacher
first i have to say that i like it in china.
but i can't see why i couldn't complain about the countries nasty.

if you haven't seen it it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. you are a teacher try to introduce anything about japan in international culture classes.

or check out how the chengong treats or should i say beat street vendors.

china is not a developing country anymore, so i think you can expect a little more of china.
but i agree i don't like uni-cultural development. but china is putting the bar very high itself. they always say how great how friendly, how peaceful etc they are and 10sec. later somebody tries to rip you of or even beat the crap out of you. preach you how great hitler is and that all japanese should be killed and tortured by the chinese.

hfmcampo
i think most people that a miserable here will seriously consider to get the hell out of here.
for the complaining, as i said before it's a coping mechanism. to put sime reason to the irrational and sometimes cruel things that happen here.

for everyone that has not one thing to disagree in china i'm happy for you. you found your shangrila. but i seriously doubt that everything is perfect.

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

@alien
the crazy stuff...such as having a life as a husband and father, work, run my company (and pay taxes. i'm allowed to pay taxes but not to complain or disagree) and study something that happens to be almost exclusive to china. enjoying the wonderful climate in yunnan.

i hope that's ok with the thought and complain police or if i must buy a flight home right away.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

campo, why don't you just give us a list of all the IDs that you have ever used all over the internet?

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.