GoKunming Forums

Work visa changes

Hcamez (39 posts) • 0

I just heard that work visa are no longer multi-entry. If you leave the country, even for just a short time, then your visa will be cancelled.

This is what I have heard. If anyone has any more USEFUL information regarding this...

It seems they are tightening up on all visas

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

If you get a Residence Permit from the Visa PSB, either with a Employment Permit or a Foreign Experts Permit then you can get a Residence Permit which allows you to come and go from China freely while the permit is still valid.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

No worries about visa (soon). China will get into this psychotic hangover where there will be a State Desperation - any foreign face that has the free will and guts to stay at all, may stay. As long as you want!

Probably the good old Hong Kong visas cheaper for fifty kuai - this time around. Five years by snapping fingers.

These regulations were made a few years back when the yellow lights were still shining - as gradual - but they will change next year, or so, when the lights close, and when an expatriate exodus will begin.

Patience!

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

Sorry but I disagree. The government has been slowly but surely making it more difficult for foreign companies to operate and for foreigners to stay in China. This has been continuing despite the general slow down in the economy and the worsening of the pollution in the cities where the majorities of visible (Non-Asian) foreigners live, I think that this government will not change its way of thinking for the next 5-10 years, if they can last that long.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Its cool.

- Do remember this topic, and check it again after 15 months, or so.
- "if they can last that long" sounds like something tho.

Thats a rhyming poem.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

BTW

Does "Dashan" - the famous Canadian-China foreign face - still live in Beijing with family?

When Dashan (The Moses of all Foreigners) moves out of Beijing The Exodus will begin. This is the spiritual journey starting SIGN.

Dashan will lead the Expats along the Gobi Desert to a New Promised Land. Bread will fall down from the Sky when Dashan calls God. A walk on water is a piece of cake here. English Teachers and Guitar Players though, will be left in The Desert as Coyotee Food. (And - as much as we hate it - English people who can call telephone Sir Dad - can get a Liter of extra water!).

No Burger Kings there boys!

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

大山 and his family, wife and two kids, have been living in Canada near Toronto for many years. He commutes to Beijing for his China work.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

If you are working here long-term you will be here legally on the basis of obtaining a Residence Permit that is valid for the length of your contract. This Residence Permit is, and remains, multi-entry. There may well be exceptional circumstances but I never heard of any. The 'work visa' as I understand it (used to be 'Z') is merely a temporary working document while your Permit is being processed. During most of this period, typically 7-15 days, your passport is probably not in your possession, so you're unlikely to be travelling abroad. Furthermore, if you renew a contract with the same employer then your Residence Permit is extended / renewed and a work visa is not involved. That's has been the situation in the past in my experience and I just got confirmation this morning that this will be the case in the event a contract is renewed.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I wanna know can I still get an M visa in Hong Kong without returning to my home country?

Related forum threads

Login to post