GoKunming Forums

The local fauna: dating chinese guys

zhulaoye (83 posts) • 0

Courtship rituals? Ah, okay Mr. Spock on an new planet. I guess the OP referred to her research specimen as " local fauna" so I must be out of the loop on how to study people like they were curious plants and birds. I need to try that out, it could only help me feel superior to people and activities around me and since I lack confidence in myself any little boost would help.

And in reference to yankee00, yes she was a white girl. Lily white almost. I saw her picture on her blog which you can find from a link in this forum with a minimum of stalking. The theme of the thread basically is foreign people in China dating the " local fauna" and I just wanted to make sure people did not think that by foreign our heroine was from Botswana Land or Fiji Islands. But, you know buddy boy, that all the time even though you never saw a photo you pictured in your mind a white girl, didn't you. So that is what we are discussing, white folk and Chinese folk involved in courtship rituals.

Fascinating thing to study. Simply thrilling. It is why I go to foreign countries and new cultures. Then I share my anthropological studies in respected journals like GoKunming. Most fascinating indeed.

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

To any Chinese reading this forum in the hope of bettering their English or just out of curiosity... u should know that in the West, the level of sarcasm displayed in the above post is considered very rude, offensive and lowbrow. Here's a link to a Wikipedia article on same...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Note the origin of the word which is connected to the word "sneer". There is also a very well known quote from Oscar Wilde that goes "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit". Just so u know....

Dawei

zhulaoye (83 posts) • 0

To anybody reading this, Chinese or other, I think Daithi has the hots for me. He can't get enough. He say over and over he findsk me a bore and yet he keeps hounding me, pestering me and trying to bring me down in front of other people who don't give a rat's fanny about me or Oscar Wilde ( who by the way was pretty gay and I find that interesting that dawei would want me to know he likes gay writers, hey, but so do I. Love them. But no homo love, just admiration.) I just wish he would stop badgering me and tossing innuendoes my way. Oscar Wilde indeed. Wilde also said " I can resist anything but temptation " and it seems Daithi cannot let me and my vapid posts alone and has to try to bring them down lower than they already are. Lowbrow indeed. Birds of a feather, birds of a feather...

Related forum threads

Login to post