GoKunming Forums

Ordering contact lenses

Andrew_AWS (34 posts) • 0

I need to buy some contact lenses, and the online supplier I used in the UK doesn't ship to China. Can anyone recommend a supplier? I found the English-language site www.lensproxy.com - has anyone used it?

(I previously used Air Optix by CibaVision).

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It might also be worth checking out a Chinese opthamologist. We have used the biggest brand name 'Red Star' in both Shanghai and Zhengzhou. Professional, fast, top quality products, and cheaper than back home.

I have a difficult prescription, when I needed new specs last year Boots Opticians (big brand) in UK were hard pressed to meet the quality, and were amazed at the craftsmanship and price I had paid.
Perhaps all those short sighted kids with parents worried about long hours of study have driven the market towards high volume of top quality.

It is a reasonable assumption that the contact lens market could be as sophisticated.

ksmcqueen (96 posts) • 0

Look at daysoft.com
They do daily disposables, which I wear for about 2-5 weeks. They ship from the UK, quality is very good, a 30-day supply costs about 100yuan ($15) including shipping and lasts me many months.

Related forum threads

Login to post