GoKunming Forums

Ur experience teaching english ?

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

I can read. who cares if you know some teachers who are older than 60 yrs... again.. what is your point? Is this thread about teachers over 60? Just wondering why you brought that up? Why are you so mean?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Goldie, you have offended several people on this thread and you just got here. How dare you ask "Why are you so mean? Look at what you just finished writing. If it is mean to you answer your redundant questions - then so be it. You asked a question, I replied> Got it!

who cares if you know some teachers who are older than 60 yrs... again.. what is your point?

My point makes no sense to you because you live your ADD life skimming and never comprehending anything you read. It has no purpose for you because you write in machine gun style without taking the time to read what you wrote or to realize how offensive you are to others on this forum. Give it a few minutes, I am sure Lorena and Peter will be here soon to chime in and express their disdain for you.

Here is a revelation for you goldielocks - the world is not here to entertain or please you. I wrote what I wanted same as every other person on this thread and on this forum. I wrote it because I wanted to. I did not write it for you.

Why don't you ask every other person on this thread the same question. Ask them what is their point.

Do ask you for your point when you spew your filthy mouth on this forum? NO! Do I ask you any questions? NO! Do I ever direct any questions or comments to you? NO! So live and let live. Grow Up.

misfit (113 posts) • 0

some can some cant..i think it really depends on the students.attitude, the school managent, the school mission etc the same person can be a great teacher or a terrible one depending on circumstances like everything in life...messi is the best soccer players in barcelona but he failed many times in his national team..

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Lets try a different approach.

Goldie, You will find that some people on this forum call me Hugo. That is because they know me and have met me and seen me in real life. Or they have seen me and my wife in our website which we had for 6 years were we offered Free travel advice and I took people travelling all over Yunnan for Free. Some people have stayed in my house for a few days and weeks so they can save on hotels.

Some people knew me from when we worked together in the same school. Others know me over the years because I am willing to self disclose some info about myself and as they learn more about me they are willing to meet.

There are a few characters on this forum whom no one has ever laid eyes on. They are extremely careful to never self disclose a single piece of information about themselves. They ahve been here for many years but when you look at their forum name it was created just a few months ago. That is because they are continually changing thier aliases.

So try this. How about you share a little about yourself with the rest of us. Simple stuff - nothing private but not like Neddy (Jean) who reveals nothing for fear of being stalked (discovered who he really is).

How long have you been in China?
How long have you been in Kunming?
Why are you in China?
What do you do for work? General, nothing specific. I am teaching english at a training school. No name required. I am a chef. I own a bar, etc.

When you invest a little bit of yourself into this forum and the few good people here you will eventually earn their respect and in return have some respect for them (reciprocate in kind).

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

@misfit Correct. Without a doubt everyone is describing different teaching scenarios with an infinite number of variables and so the discussion of who can and who can't is futile.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

So what is the point fo me knowing 4 people over 60 who currently have jobs teaching english. If you re-read the comments on this thread you will find that Zhudan has mentioned several times over that he is 57 and he can NOT find a job.

I know 4 right now who are over 60. So whats the point. The point is they are good teachers. But zhudan seems to think that it is not possible to find work if one is over 50. Or that it is not possible to have good students to teach at home 1:1. Or that all bosses are tricky bastards who cheat ALL the foreign teachers. That is absolutely not true.

That is just 1 person's opinion and reality. There are many other opinions and many other realities on this thread. Many people here have expressed those different realities and experiences. Many people here have had positive teaching experiences. I guess those of us are just Lucky!

I had a very good boss and we are freinds and still continue to meet regularly even though I no longer work for him.

Perhaps now you can understand why I am so impatient with you. Because every question you ever ask has always been answered previously by me or by others. So, yes, I find it very tiring to have to repeat myself for you time and time again because you are unwilling to read carefully.

I don't like Peter as he insulted me. Ever since then I have nothing good to say to him until he apologizes. None of your business anyway. Not sure what Lorena's problem is with me, I have none with her. Again, not your concern. Unlike you, I don't hold grudges because someone asked a question again.

I think Zhudan does not WANT a teaching job... not an issue of he cannot find one.

You don't have to repeat yourself... you are not required by this site to answer my questions. If you don't want to then don't.

And yes, you have directly asked me a question on this forum. And no not EVERY question I have asked has been answered by you...way to exaggerate. Don't give yourself so much credit.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Peter insulted you??? OMG!! That is so funny.

Lorena hasa problem with you. OMG. I was drinking a cup of water and I sprayed it all over my screen. Then I fell over backwards from laughing so hard. I suggest you go take a look at those threads again and see who threw the first punch (insult).

What happened to the little self disclosure?

I don't want to share information with you because you just insulted me several times. You don't really want to know about me. You just said I have a filthy mouth and to grow up.

I don't think I insulted you. I just asked what your point was.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

You asked what the point is because you can't read. Reading also means having the ability to comprehend. I am sure you can read. You just can not comprehend as evidenced by this thread and many others.

Related forum threads

Login to post