GoKunming Forums

Cash advance on credit card

amineko (9 posts) • 0

Thanks for your replies, but sorry I should have been a bit clearer. I need to do it over the counter because I don't have a pin number. Often banks or money change/travel agencies will offer this service.

amineko (9 posts) • 0

Yes, card is chip enabled. I got several over the counter advances in Laos last week, no problems. So the question remains :)

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@amineko: How about trying a novel idea? Put your plastic in your pocket and truck on over to the Bank of China on Dongfeng Xi Lu (东风西路), just off of Nanping Jie (南屏街 ) and try. The bank is fairly foreigner friendly and the weather is nice. So get your keyboard and try it.

amineko (9 posts) • 0

Well, dongfeng branch wouldn't do it but they sent me to the Yunnan branch on renmin east rd. And after a long wait and signing many pieces of paper, money in my hands. So, thanks for the tip.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

Perhaps a warning is in order for non PIN protected cards. Hand held Card scanners can read credirt cards in your wallet or hand bags with a simple walk by, unless protected in a metal case. The scanners/thiefs can have your card in use in your home country in about an hour.

Related forum threads

Login to post