GoKunming Forums

Football!!

reevesy (3 posts) • 0

Hi,Has anyone got any ideas where i can go to play football.Nothing too competitive.just a friendly game of football.either 5 a side or 11 a side

let me know if you have any ideas!!

thank you

piers (144 posts) • 0

We play 5-a-side this coming Thursday (11th Jan). Meet at Chapter One, 146 Wenlin Jie, at 9pm. It's indoor on astroturf. Trainers or studs are both fine. There is 11-a-side at the weekend too but at the moment it's competitive (league). The league should wrap up in early March after which we'll be back playing friendlies.

reevesy (3 posts) • 0

Thanks for the info,unfortunatly i have to work for the next few thursdays nights so i will come along when i have changed shifts if that is ok? do i need shin pads or not?

piers (144 posts) • 0

Most of us don't bother with shin pads for indoor. It's really up to you though. We should be playing a friendly on 11th Feb (Sun) which you're welcome to join in. No time or venue yet. There won't be any games, indoor or outdoor, for the two weeks 12th-25th Feb.

piers (144 posts) • 0

The new football season will be beginning within the next fortnight.

The Kunming Foreigners Football Club, sponsored by Chapter One, is always on the lookout for new players. Currently we run two teams that play both competitive and friendly matches on weekends. Team members are from all over the world. We also run indoor football games on Thursday nights usually from 10pm til midnight.

Anybody interested in playing can contact us in any number of ways:

1. By email, piers_tussaud@hotmail.com (11-a-side)
2. By phone Piers 13888556850 or Elliott 13888594794 (11-a-side)
3. By email, rossduggleby@gmail.com (indoor)
4. By phone, Ross 13987113007
5. Pop into Chapter One

For ladies football contact Hana Kim on 13116219076.

Please note that I won't be in China until after 15th March so email only until then. Cheers.

piers (144 posts) • 0

There's a match on Sunday 4th March at 4pm at Hong Ta (near Dianchi). Call Elliott if you wanna join in.

Cheng (15 posts) • 0

hey piers, since your post is only one month ago, i hope you re still active in this little forum. I am really interested in playing soccer in Kunming since I was always trying to find something but failed. What I should mention is that i am not living in Kunming, I only go there during the summer for vacation since my whole family lives there. So do you guys play soccer during july? And is there any age restriction, since I am only 17 years old?
thanks for an answer

piers (144 posts) • 0

Football News!!

Kunming Cup starts in May. Registration period until end of April. If there are any new arrivals in KM who wanna play please contact me asap. Limited places and need to see how you play.

Indoor football now on Wednesdays from 6-8pm. Call Ross (13987113007) for details.

Ladies indoor football on Mondays from 6-8pm. Call Hana (13116219076)

Also, anyone out there interested in sponsoring a team for KM Cup? Great marketing opp for KM with newspaper, internet and TV coverage of the cup from May to July/August. Contact me direct at piers_tussaud@hotmail.com.

piers (144 posts) • 0

Oh Cheng. Sure you can play. Call Ross when u get back to KM. If there's a team not playing in KM Cup then you can join their games.

Related forum threads

Login to post