GoKunming Forums

Subway Restaurant

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

Since the Burger King forum has attracted so much attention, I thought I'd ask about another great American fast food chain. I've heard that there is a Subway (the sandwich shop) going in near KIA along Guangfu Lu in the south of Kunming? Can anyone confirm this? And if so, does anyone know an estimated opening date? Would love me a "fresh" made sub sandwich (at least thinking it was fresh would be great).

crazytrain (6 posts) • 0

There won't be a Subway across from Hu Pan Zhi Meng. The mall going up across the street had a wrap on the fencing for awhile, and it had a picture of Subway on it. However, it also had Lotus Supermarket on it. This was just a wrap...nothing else.

We have a friend who actually wrote a letter to Subway, and they said there would be no Subway in Kunming. The headquarters said they couldn't ensure fresh ingredients in Kunming. So, I am quiet sure we won't have a Subway here in Kunming.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

Now Subway is a good sandwich that I can get behind and support.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

We also contacted Subway with same answer - - continuous supply of quality ingredients not guaranteed.

Pity!!!

Someone will eventually try a "knockoff"

bucko (695 posts) • 0

"continuous supply of quality ingredients not guaranteed"

That pretty much summarizes Kunming's situation for most anything.

zhulaoye (83 posts) • 0

@bucko "continuous supply of quality ingredients not guaranteed"

That pretty much summarizes Kunming's situation for most anything.

Absolutely. What a joke of a city.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

If Burger King, McDonald's, Starbucks, Subway, Chili's, Applebees, and Wal Mart all moved next to one another, then no American would ever again have to suffer the horror and inconvenience of experiencing another culture! It would be a veritable American City of God in China! Let's all hope and pray that this happens!

Related forum threads

Login to post