GoKunming Forums

Laundromat near 1-2-1 and Wenhua Xiang?

DiMing (17 posts) • 0

The place I am staying at does not have laundry service, and the laundromat by Paul's, listed in previous Go Kunming threads, has closed. Does anyone know where I can get my laundry done in this area?

Please respond fast; I only have one day's worth of clothes left!

Cheers,
John

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

There are many "dry-clean" style clothes cleaning shops around, but are you looking for a self-service laundromat? Not seen any of those...

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Surprised there aren't more laundromats in mainland China. HK is full of them.
There are a couple of dry cleaners on Jianshe lu.

DiMing (17 posts) • 0

I'm looking for someone who will do conventional cleaning of laundry—not dry-cleaning. (This morning I found one of the dry cleaners on Fengzhu St., and she offered to conventionally wash my clothes at the dry-cleaning rate of Y8 per item. I'm not that desperate yet.) I've never seen a self-serve laundromat in thirteen years in China. But I have seen shops where they'll take your clothes and wash, dry and fold them in a day or to for Y1 or Y2 per piece, mainly in places with lots of tourists.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Why would you want someone else to handle your clothes and clean them in the same machine that washed other people's sweaty undershirts?

DiMing (17 posts) • 0

Sure. When I was a kid my undershirts got thrown in together with sweaty stuff from siblings and parents, and it worked out fine. :)

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Family I understand, but not strangers. Anyway, to each his own i suppose.

Related forum threads

Login to post