GoKunming Forums

Any live flight info Websites out there?

baiyuxiang (111 posts) • 0

In Chinese, and not specifically for Kunming, but perhaps more up-to-date than other flight status websites www.veryzhun.com.

My brother is currently stranded in Beijing with his family thanks to the lovely fog at Kunming's lovely new airport. Why they didn't keep the old airport as a backup is beyond me.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

please let me know if the site is actually up-to-date / accurate / reliable. thanks.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Magni

Excellent link. I see about 30 inbound Kunming flights, 9am to noon, have been cancelled this morning. Other flights delayed up to 5 hours. Actual departure times seem to be posted close to real time or updated often.

Wish I had this link when in BJ a couple of weeks ago on the snowy Monday. It would have saved me a worthless trip from Chongwenmen to BJ Capital Airport via Tongzhou and all the yelling at the idiot taxi driver. Cost 150Y out and 70Y back for taxis.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@ Blobbles, thx

Combining the data from the two sites gives a good picture.
Looking at the radar, currently I can see one plane inbound for Kunming, the first since this morning. Hopefully that means that the airport is hoping to open as the sun burns off the fog.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

I use 航班管家 app. You put in the flight you are folowing and it sends updates. You can also get the app to sms updates if you are not online.

Related forum threads

Login to post