GoKunming Forums

Home Improvement in kunming

langbear (17 posts) • 0

go to any local neighborhood "hardware store". You can find them next to every fruit vendor and convenient shop n the older sections. I bought a tube of clear caulk for 10 rmb. I wanted a "gun" also, but they told me just to push the bottom with a stick!

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

There are lots of little shops in every neighborhood that will sell caulk and caulking guns. Make sure you get a good quality caulk. I prefer the acrylic type if it's available.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I echo the last poster. You can spot these places as they have racks full of plastic water pipes in overhead racks.

It may help if you can download/print out a picture of what you want. Including a picture of someone using bathroom caulk on a sink. The latter will make sure you get the bathroom caulk (there are several types).
Don't buy the cheapest caulk, if there is a choice. The cheap ones have a funky smell that never goes away. All caulk stinks for a day or more.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

There is B&Q if you can't find your local hardware shop. Great selection and pricing on caulks and English description. The gun is on the bottom shelves. But it's really far out of city center.

www.gokunming.com/en/listings/item/33154/bq

Metro, has like two types of caulk for sale. But it's not exactly close either, but near a subway stop.

Alternatively, if the caulk is in good shape, you can spray a diluted bleach spray and the caulk will return white. May need to repeat a few times.

sarahjean (5 posts) • 0

Thanks! We found a hardware store in the Think UK complex where we moved. They even had a gun! I'm afraid it's beyond bleach. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.

danielgrenz (32 posts) • 0

Does anyone know where to buy finishing nails? All of the hardware stores I've checked either have regular nails or nail-gun finishing nails. Any idea if there is a place (the further north the better) to buy finishing nails that don't require a nail gun?

Chinizzle (33 posts) • 0

hey guy, you can buy anything you need for any project. but you need to be able to ask and understand the answers. there is a huge market near 雨龙路,and 昌宏路 at least i think those are the right characters. (yulong lu changhong lu.) that place has absolutely everything. if you're looking in the north dont overthink it try B&Q. near 世博园。(expo) im out at the big markets all the time id be happy to pick up some for you, let me know what size my number is 13312504369. sorry about the late reply, we just got back from the philippines.

Chinizzle (33 posts) • 0

ive got a Chinese question if anybody is out there. What would a local word for Aromatic Red Cedar be? I have had a hard time finding it in planks but I know it grows here.

Related forum threads

Login to post