GoKunming Forums

How to get to aiport by 6:30am?

12345 (107 posts) • 0

I'm guessing there are no buses, public or from hotels, that would get there early enough (domestic flight, 7:30am departure).
I checked the airport bus (919?) stop at Xiaocaiyuan, and it runs 6am to 12am. So the first one won't get to Xiaocaiyuan till some 6:15 and to airport before 7, likely.

So, taxi?
Will some drivers refuse to go there?

This is a normal on-meter ride, correct? About how much?
And are there extra chargers for the toll road?
I live near BeijingLu and North Second Ring Road intersection. How much time would it take by cab, with presumably thin 6am traffic?

Same story in the evening, it seems. Flight lands at midnight. Any buses after that?

Thank you.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

You will probably see John Xie reply to this.

We have used him for early flights. He is reliable and has a fixed fee.
Taxis late at night from the airport were plentiful when my family needed to use one, about 5 months ago.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Morning: shouldn't be hard to get a cab at about 5:30 - give yourself 10-15 minutes on the street, you'll get one.
Evening: if there's no bus, there will be cabs.
Why are you flying? It's bad for the sky.

harry216921 (21 posts) • 0

You can easily take a taxi to XiaoXiMen 小西门 (West Inn), and take the Number 1 shuttle bus for 25rmb. It starts at 5am, leaves every 30 mins, and takes about 40 minutes to get there. Last time I used it (a few weeks ago) it left right on the hour, 6am, and I was at the airport by 6:40am.

Same deal on the return trip. The bus runs until 2am I think.

Number 6 bus also starts at 5am from the Kunming Hotel, which might be (slightly) closer for you, although I haven't taken this one, so can't vouch for it.

Related forum threads

Login to post