GoKunming Forums

Army surplus store

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Hey guys,
I'm looking for an army surplus store as I'm particularly after some decent combat trousers. I'm not sure about in China, but in the UK it's the best place to find cheap but good quality clothing.
Anyone know of one? Preferably in the downtown area.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I think there is a whole lot of them on the East side of Beijing Lu, south of the North ring road intersection. But wait for someone else to confirm this before you go, I remember seeing them a year or two ago in that area and with my memory, combined with this being China, they may not be there!

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Across the alley from the Kunming TCM Hospital and around most housing complexes are small stores that sell pseudo-police supplies - they also have camo supplies. The pseudo traffic um...dunno what you call them - amateur cops? don't earn a lot, so their uniform/camo supplies are cheap and relatively durable (NOT genuine anti-chem/water resistant camo, but looks the same). However, as a foreigner, expect to get ripped off - so I suggest taobao.com - bite the bullet - go online (if you'll be here a while).

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

There are more a little north of the lotus pond. Jiao chang lu abd jiaochang zhong lu. Check the map for anything with military or army. They are usually around those areas.

faraday (213 posts) • 0

Theres an entire block of them near kundu. Exit kundu on 新闻路 (xinwen) and turn left. By the time you get to xishang road you will have passed at least 10 of them all on the right hand side of the street, selling everything you can imagine. They're not open morning or night, late afternoon is the best time. Get back to me if you have trouble finding it, im planning to go there myself one of these days.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Beijing lu's east side, north of Yuantong daqiao and south of the north train station, is lined with the things. You can even get a nice army surplus garden chair.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Yes, Chinese sizes. But even Chinese fat guys have skinny legs, and no hips. Even pants that fit in the leg are tight in the crotch. Make sure you try stuff on before you buy. Taking it home and trying to change stuff later may not be easy.

Related forum threads

Login to post