GoKunming Forums

what to order in dai restaurant ?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Bamboo worms, crickets, the lime chicken...all are damn good (though the bugs you just eat for facebook selfies!). Purple rice served in a pineapple is also a good variation to normal rice :-)

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

I second what previous posters have said. The mashed potatoes ( don't be put off by the translation in some of the menus... Old milk potatoes! ), pineapple rice. Plus vanilla chicken and fried bananas!

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

The pineapple rice is good, but so is the stuff served in a bamboo tube with peanuts throughout. We got an excellent dish that was steamed tofu with peppers and such all wrapped up in banana leaves. Oh man, I can't wait to get back to KM :)

Liuer (15 posts) • 0

lao nai yang yu (老奶洋芋) means "grannies potatoes" not "old milk potatoes". Thus grandmother's style potatoes. It takes a bit more than Google translator to understand Chinese ;-)

But basically all Dai food is nice.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

@Liuer
I didn't use google translate, but the restaurant must of. That was the English they printed in their menu.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Alexxm - please let us all know what you ordered when you went to the Dai restaurant. We are all anxiously waiting for your reply.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

I like to have a glass of 泡鲁达 Paoluda nearby to lessen the impact of spice. It makes a great dessert too!

Related forum threads

Login to post