GoKunming Forums

Reaching Subway Line 1 to South Bus Station

laoshi19 (30 posts) • 0

I've tried looking on Google Maps and used the maps on this site but finding the buses is rather confusing.

Has anyone traveled from Wenlin Jie (general area) to the South Bus Station? I need to find the bus route or else I'll take a cab.

It looks that the Metro Line #1 goes directly to the South Bus Station and so I'm looking for buses from Dianmian da dao or Dong Feng Dong Lu area to the closest end of the new Metro line.

Any help?
Thanks!

kingofthekerb (131 posts) • 0

212 bus from yunda north gate, or 213 from xiaoximen to zhibuying station. then a 50 metre walk to the subway. BUT 212 will take you directly to the south bus station, and 213 goes pretty close.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

map.baidu.com/[...]

You can use Baidu to find the bus routes anywhere in the city.

However, you probably are unable to use Baidu because it is in Chinese. When I first arrived in China and could not speak the language or knew my way around the city, I found some university english major students and I taught them for free. They were very grateful for my help and in turn they were able to help me with simple problems I encountered throughout the day.

After a while, they even recruited some of their classmates who wanted to improve their english and I got students who paid to learn english. Both problems solved.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Just an fyi, the bus subway combo could be an hour and half. It's just really far and with a transfer. I think I took a cab for 56rmb rmb and it took 35min, although that was way early in the morning with nearly zero traffic. Didn't know 212 goes all the way there, but that's still got to be an hour at least depending how far you have to walk to the stop. The south station is just really freaking far out of town.

laoshi19 (30 posts) • 0

Thanks. It looks very far on the map. I can't find accurate info on Google or on the web and I'm not too sure about the buses. I don't want a 2 hour bus ride and a friend is arriving about 9 or 10pm by bus from Laos but it's so far I think I'll send him the Hanzi for my address and talk to the cab driver if he needs help.

Guess he will have to take a taxi as the buses would be tai ma fan.

blueice (73 posts) • 0

the subway closes at 7pm, so that wouldn't help you time-wise either. i guess you could hire a driver roundtrip if you have the cash to spend and want a hassle free pickup.

Related forum threads

Login to post