GoKunming Forums

Bar Name ideas

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

some of the recommendations ARE positive.
it's not totally delusional and crazy to consider something with camel given that half of xinjiang is desert.
you don't think so?

maybe you can loosen up and be a bit more appreciative of the positive suggestions, the silly suggestions notwithstanding.

there's no personal attacks and cheap shots. it's just meaningless bs. take it easy.
and "The Legend of ...." is not bs. You can do a google and you'll find that lots of businesses use this.

but ok, some of my remarks were smart-ass. sorry.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Thats OK. Actually before I came up with "Fubar" last time "Camel toe" was considered so I shouldnt fault Dan for that. I mean something like "The Oasis" probably isn't too bad given the location, but it just doesnt have that something special I'm looking for. The "personal attacks and cheap shots" was in relation to other threads and not this one. So yes you are right, thanks for every idea and bring on more!

no, nothing special about "The Oasis" because I've seen a dozen tanning salons and other businesses use that name. not in china, but still. it's quite common. maybe try to make it a bit more original.

as i said in my first post, you can call it virtually anything. there's a restaurant called "The Smiling Buddha".

and i would not ask other people for a name for my business. i think it's better if you choose something personal that has some significance to you.

again, apologies for my smart-ass remarks. i was just using your thread as fodder to amuse myself.

best of luck!

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

Apple

It worked for
The Beatles
Steve Jobs
Eve

And a Yunnan politico where the local dialect apple sounds like something else

EZ to remember
EZ to translate

EZ to decorate

Otto Melon (46 posts) • 0

"Great Northern?"

I presume your bar will be a great place to be, and it's in the north.

The name might appeal to locals who are proud of their northerness. Might also have a tinge of nostalgia for English speakers familiar with Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons series. The Great Northern is a bird, also known as the Great Northern Diver, Great Northern Loon, or Common Loon. Actually, Common Loon would be a good name for a bar.

If I win please give the bar tab to some local needy alcoholics as I don't drink.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

How about "Shanti"... a play on Tian Shan mountains, meaning peace, happiness, tranquility in sanscrit or a rough hut in English (although the English version is "Shanty")!

Related forum threads

Login to post