GoKunming Forums

Bar Name ideas

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Funny you should bring Caravan cafe' up Magnifico. I bought the place after they were run out of town...Not a bad name, though i thought "Fubar" was better, as it works very well in Chinese too

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

If I'm not mistaken, Caravan Cafe was owned by missionaries. They were run out of town!?! Wow, I'd love to hear that story.

Yeah, Fubar. Heard of it. What does it mean in Chinese? Maybe you can use a Chinese name and then translate it to English.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Or "Khanz", for the mix of people? Kazaks, han, NZers! Plus the place used to b a Khanate right? Leaving the Uyghurs out though, might not be a good idea! Might be too ethnic!

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Actually since most people up there aren't alcohol drinkers (cough cough cough), relating a bar to Muslim minorities might cause a bit of backlash...

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Fubar was "富吧" so could be said basically the same way as in English, plus had a meaning in Chinese.
Any name that has anything to do with history, ethnicity, debauchery, foreignness, freedom, alternative thinking and so on and so on is basically out.

Related forum threads

Login to post