GoKunming Forums

Tofu for Infant?

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

@Elisa

What is it?
It is ok if you are a vegan, but do not try to be sly just admit you are not a meat eater.

What is pseudo to radical vegetarians is common sense to most of us.

Do you say sugar is great let us eat more?
Prefer corn oil or soy oil to traditional fats
Say so and maybe try to justify

Diseaseproof is a IMO wacko vegetarian animal hate group!
If we ALL STOP EATING EGGS AND MEAT AND BUTTER AND MILK THESE DOMESTICATED ANIMALS WOULD GO OR ALMOST GO EXTINT

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

Why is someone from the USA posting so selective?

How many years of education in biology or chemistry or nutrition does it take to have a reasonable discussion about diet and health?

If you write you know nothing about the site then why post as if it might have some valid input?

What do you know about ketogenic diets?
Hemoglobin A1c and death from all causes
HDL and death from all causes
Blood sugar and death from all causes
Pritikin / dean ornish 80 percent carbohydrate diets (Even when the exclude sugars) lower HDL and increase blood sugars and insulin and IGF-1 more than a ketogenic diet.

Please think before you post such ===

I support longer healthy life? Why not?

Way off topic for a gokunming posting!

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

I am not vegan (though I was many years ago) but generally vegetarian. I'm not really sure why that matters.

I posted that link because it was one of the first things I found, and seemed to have and link to some info that I found reliable. You want me to find stuff from other sources about people who have been harmed by Weston A. Price suggestions? Just give me a little time. I'm by no means a Pollan groupie, but I love the line "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants."

Notice I never said "don't give your baby eggs or meat". But at 6 months old? Really? Food is a new toy at that age. Mush the squash with your fingers, kid, and maybe lick a little off. New parents have so many things to panic about, and at that age, food shouldn't be one of them. Relax, introduce unprocessed yummy things, and enjoy.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Also, KyleAsh - if your babe is having difficulty with bowel movements, backing off on solids a little might help. It's a common problem when altering the diet. There is no rush!

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

@Elisa

Maybe a bit more reseach
Like Ketogenic Diets
HDL
Blood sugar
Hemoglobin A1c
Ketones
Etcetera etcetera
You may be entitled to spout opinions as we all do from time to time but not Faux Facts! Eric
PS what do you think of soy oils? Corn oils? and the ilk (kind) of man made faux foods? Maybe we can just agree sugar is bad!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

tofu is unhealthy.

I love the line "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants."

there was a case a couple of years back in the news about a woman who put her child on a vegetarian diet with bad consequences. maybe some adults can remain healthy on a vegetarian diet, but it may not be the best idea for children.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

The Weston A. Price Foundation is full of pseudo-scientific nonsense.
www.diseaseproof.com/[...]

No, it's not.

Here, I'll teach you a trick to know when someone is lying in a scientific article without needing a Phd in the subject matter.

If you read the article carefully, you'll notice that the article engages mainly in personal attacks and insults. They use words like "insane", "crazy", "need their heads examined".

The reason is that they cannot disprove the science behind the people they're attacking, so they have to resort to name-calling. That's not scientific debate. It's slander.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Magnifico, you should immediately inform some 3-400 million Indian vegetarians, & then dig up some info on how so many Hindus managed to live & grow up over the past couple thousand years.

Another approach, however, might be to figure out specifically what that woman 2 years ago did to her child that didn't work.

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

@Alein

Your post seems off topic.

Vegetarian (Ovo Lacto) is not the same as vegan.
While some vegans could be considered traditional food eaters and those who obstain or limit sugars and modern man made synthetic oils are better off than many omnivours who consume mass amounts of sugar and said synthetic oils like corn and soy and rape seed ie Canola; the varied diets in the sub continent of India is not the issue of a thread on tofu for infants. Look at the increase of blood sugar (Hemoglobin A1c) and the results in health goes along way to explaining more optimal and less optima eating. Many flashy peer reviewed articeles are full of flaws by accident or design.

Do you know what is the average Hindu Hb A1c? By quintiles? If not why do you post? Tell us about average life and mortality and morbidity of the Hindu you write about. Eric

Related forum threads

Login to post