GoKunming Forums

Hot dogs in KM

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Okay, I bought the hot dog sausages in Wicker Basket. They are Chinese brand, so I'm not sure what they will taste like! They didn't have any of the hot dog rolls though and I haven't seen any in Carrefour. Any one know where I can get them?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I think Paul's Shop on Wenhuaxiang has them.
There's a small bakery/breakfast place in Dali, called (Somebody's) Kitchen), that serves real German frankfurters (or, anyway, they seem to be), which are way better than most hot dog sausages from elsewhere.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

how many threads are there about people trying to locate food? hahaha.
they have frankfurters in frankfurt! check there. you can get a cheap flight now.

Anti.Magnifico (21 posts) • 0

Maybe you should book the next flight to Latin America for the Latin dancing you were soooooo interested in.

You said, and I quote "on this forum, any deviation from giving directions on how to go get to dali is likely to lead to disputes or people tuning out."

And yet, here you are, mocking and trolling people to turn an innocent beign question such as where to get hot dogs in KM into a cesspool of mean-ness.

You, sir, are the problem. Get rid of people like you and the problem will be solved.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

@Alien, by "locally", I mean someone who does home made sausages for a particular niche of customers. It could be Westerners, Sub-Saharan Africans, East Asians, Middle Easterners or Aborigines who prepare them, I don't care.

For the expat in Beijing. I used to get sausages from him because I thought they were tastier than those sold in supermarkets and also because I saw his preparation process enough times to know that he only uses natural ingredients and fresh meat. He happened to be former chef of Western descent with years of experience in making sausages.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

I found the hot dog sausages from Wicker Basket weren't so good. I have decided to shop online for them instead.
I've been using westerntastes.com The sites especially good cos you can pay by cash.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah, ok. maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's a lot of food threads. a lot of people talking about food.

Related forum threads

Login to post