GoKunming Forums

Hot dogs in KM

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Hey guys, been here three months now and haven't been able to find a decent American or British hot dog. Know any where I can get one? Also after some real sausages to cook at home. Not the Chinese style ones.
Thanks in advance!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

A kiwi named Phil used to make the best and only decent home made sausages for sale in bulk. Supposedly he sold that business to some foreigner here. I'd be interested in buying those home made sausages again. I've got this jar of french dijon that should get used.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Carrefour had german and italian flavoured Hormel sausages recently

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Tut, tut. Hope for your sake the expat food sleuth isn't reading this. Metro! You can get the bread rolls and ketchup there too. If you choose white bread and get caught, you'll be exposed.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Wicker Basket used to have frozen "home-made" sausages too. They certainly have hot dog sausages and baps. A plug for their home-made chicken and veg pies too - great value.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Ok, here's what you do. You get Hormel sausages. Then, you get the Filet O' Fish at McDonald's. Then you go to the Mask and compare which one glows more brightly under the strobe lights. And then you feed both to James M's piranha and check if the piranha gets indigestion or morphs into a more highly evolved species. Ok, sorry. I have a confession. I'm an idiot. Just ignore me. Sorry, I apologize!

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Thanks guys.
I'll check out Wicker basket. I don't have a card for metro though.
Chicken and veg pie sounds good too!
The hormel sausages at C4, are they in the frozen section? I didn't see them.

tommann (423 posts) • 0

I am the one making Phil's sausages. I have two teaching jobs, so I have been way too busy to keep up with demand. However, my partner is going to start making them full-time very soon: same recipes that Phil used.

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

Since I have such a bad rep here with food opinions I will try to be nice and say that back when I ate lots of meat and sausages I got some good ones at Metro (along with good sandwich ham). Bratwurst and even some American breakfast tiny sausage links one time. There were other sausages as well but once a friend come into town and I got some bratwurst and a far of sauerkraut and we did it up. You just boil most sausage in water really or fry up in some oil or butter. price may look scary but in the end it will be cheaper than eating out. And you should be able to get sauerkraut there as well if you like that, and some good mustard. Man, I am I actually salivating right now?

I do not eat much meat these days and really no sausage in a long time. Over a year. But if you get a hotdog stand going with decent links, (does not have to be perfect, just not those sweet little things they sale here all the time) and some yellow mustard and buns (can be tricky getting those I get but it is doable in KM, and I am not saying pickled relish is necessary, but if it happened great!) I will help to keep you in business the best I can.

Bill

Related forum threads

Login to post