GoKunming Forums

Americans who move to China, only to eat nothing but McDonald's.

blue. (170 posts) • 0

I agree with Dudeson's.
Plus american are nationalists, often.
Plus they're lazy to cook something as breakfast, usually.
Plus they've no culture about real food, usually.
Plus they like to talk as they're gourmands, usually.
McDonald is a safe bet...Just someone named Yankee can say something like that :)
Respect for americans anyway, but don't talk about food with them!!!

tommann (423 posts) • 0

My main beef (intended) with McDonald's is that they sell bland, processed, unhealthy food, and expert that bland, boring, processed culture around the world. Have you heard that horrid little jingle that the MCDos here blast on their speakers, over and over, 24/7? They are actively trying to invade Chinese culture and take it over.

And with all due respect, McDonald's is not "good" food in any sense of the word. It is salt, fat, and sugar, processed chemically into little golden-brown balls of crap. We are living in one of the world's oldest culinary cultures, with a huge variety of delicious, fresh, interesting food.

I guess I just got miffed yesterday hearing some Americans at Sal's complaining about everything in China, so I made this post. It is a wide world, friends. Why not experience the way that other people live, instead of eating McProcessed McCrap? If Chinese food constantly makes you sick, then you may need to see a doctor, because for 1.6 billion people, and maybe a million expats, we eat it every day and never get sick. It is not the food. In my opinion (and that's all this is), it is the fear of food, the terror of stepping outside of the expat bubble and trying something local, that makes people sick. Do what Andrew Zimmern recommends: "If it looks good, eat it!"

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

tommann wrote: It is salt, fat, and sugar

Yes, but that combination of sugar, starch, and fat has been scientifically proven to be highly addictive.

Trying to get someone to stop eating McDonald's is like trying to get someone to quit smoking.

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Magnifico, ah yes, I agree that it is highly addictive. My only point is that it is not "good" food. It is like preferring to take street meth over a nice glass of 1959 Chateau LaTour.

yes, you stated quite clearly. McCrap.

and it makes no difference. people can't afford gourmet food on any kind of regular basis anyway. and McCrap is like a drug. it makes the endorphins in the brain go "woohoo!". so it ain't going away any time soon.

McCrap is like the ring in Lord of the Rings. It draws people to it with mysterious powers.

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Magnifico, indeed. If you look closely into Ronald McDonald's left eye, you can see Sauron's silhouette.

hahahaha. glad to see you have a sense of humor there, kiddo.

hey tommann, where you from? france? there's a McCrap right on the Champs D'Elysees, isn't there? All the fine wines and sauces in the world couldn't stop McCrap from conquering your Holy Land.

Related forum threads

Login to post