GoKunming Forums

I bought, cooked, and ate wasp larvae.

tommann (423 posts) • 0

If anyone is interested, you can find my report at foodergolove.com/2013/09/20/all-the-buzz-eating-wasp-larvae-in-yunnan-china

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Very nice article. The video was a nice addition too.
Can I ask you which market was it?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Thanks guys! I am not sure exactly how to describe where the market is, but it is off of Dianmian Dadao, across the street from the hospital with the Mosque domes, down a tiny alley.

@lawlz0mg, it is hosed by Wordpress, and sometimes you do need a vpn to access it, sometimes not.

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

I have eaten ants, crickets and bees so far but no wasps. Would try a scorpion if I had the chance. They had those all over Beijing but never see them here.

So if you're a daring soul you may to try something i have only seen in the North East. I would not try it. Seems Dong Bei Ren like almost hatched baby chickens served still in the shell, and roasted over a 50 gallon barrel BBQ contraption. The little wet, slimy things have legs and bulging dead eyes. They skewer them and then serve to you piping hot. Can't get them at McDonald's as far as I know.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah, ok. so it begs the question why?

do people genuinely enjoy the taste of these half-ass hatched chicks? are there any nutritional benefits?

or is it like a baijiu pissing contest and people are going like "hey man, my chick's eyes are bulging and yours aren't. na na na na na."

Related forum threads

Login to post