GoKunming Forums

Comic Con or Anime Con.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

There was one from last year near Greenlake. It was pretty busy, so I assume they would have it again this year.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Cool. Anyone know anything about when it is, or hears anything, please let me know!

Thanks.

Philou (208 posts) • 0

It's starting today at the convention center, and it's part of the Yunnan Culture expo, I've just updated the GoKunming events section (couldn't find any info before today)

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

Entrance fee is 25 Yuan per day (I believe it's from 9 or 10 am till 6pm). The event is for 5 days (started today).
It's fun (not as big as AX in L.A. but still plenty of cosplayers and merchandise booths).

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

PS: the anime hall is 25 yuan at the entrance. All the other halls as far as I know are FREE of charge. What I saw in a glance: art schools, universities, art auction houses, artists, amazing! jade art works, art dealers, jade dealers, traditional crafts and items (kites, costumes, jewelry) and of course sellers with fake (kitsch) display items and ornaments.

Oh, and there were some minority groups dressed in traditional clothing who probably did dances or performances.

-Silvio

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Went today. It was 35 kuai to get in, lots of things to buy and not horribly expensive. :)

Related forum threads

Login to post