GoKunming Forums

Train Ticket Booking Office

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +1

I like to have the ticket in hand, too, especially at Kunming station where there is only a single pickup window and the line is often quite long.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

The 121 ticket office is no more. Baidu map will pull up other offices using huochepiao. The one mentioned on Xiyuan lu is open late till 8:30pm, with a lunch break.

alienew (422 posts) • 0

@Alex, Ocean: hope you're wrong about the 121 ticket office - 2 months ago it was just 25 meters off 121 Street to north at the footbridge over 121 at the north end of Wenhuaxiang; several years ago it was a little farther west at another intersection just off 121.

Quick and simple; Y5 surcharge. Be sure to take your passport.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

i did hear that you need real name registration to buy long distance bus tickets now. also think hear that little ticket shops only do chinese id, and pforigners need to go to main bus station. perhaps someone can confirm or deny

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

I bought a bus ticket to Xinjie from a local community based agent using my passport, and of course I used my real name which is what I would have expected.

Philou (208 posts) • +1

I went to the Wuyi Lu ticket office (www.gokunming.com/en/listings/item/33081 ) and they said:
- you need a Chinese ID card to buy long distance bus tickets there. Can't do it with a passport.
- you can buy a train ticket there with your passport.
- you cannot get your train tickets bought online with a passport there, you'll need to go the train station.

Baidu Map seems to be up-to-date, no trace of the 121 office already: j.map.baidu.com/BHzXO

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Update: BaiDu maps seem to be out of date. We tried three sites listed there today and all were gone.
BUT we popped into a small Post Office and they took the booking (passport required) and printed out the tickets there and then. Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Success!

Related forum threads

Login to post