GoKunming Forums

Another new record for Chinese food industry

Chicha78 (51 posts) • 0

I dont know about you guys, but killing chickens on the sidewalk in Kunming or restaurant kitchen floor definitely falls into tiger tiger's 'ass wipin' bad' category or possibly the Salmono-Listeria category with the 'runs on the side' dish category. Kunming Chicken, yum yum. Has anyone ventured into a restaurant kitchen in Kunming? I was thinking of creating a new theme park and a naming the ride 'house of horrors' and use a Kunming restaurant kitchen for part of the ride, any takers?

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

@ Geezer:
Now you know which come first in the Chicken and the Egg. Definitely the 1000 year old egg.

PS: why would you eat Chicken feet? If you know where they walk...

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

This is how urban legends are born and I hate to let a bit of reason get in the way of a nice story.

Put a chicken feet in your mouth (Especially a spicy one) and say 4 to 6 and it comes out as forty-six. Same happens in the Chinese language: si zhi liu and si shi liu.

Or let somebody else work out your hand scribbled notes and 4-6 comes out as 46.

Still pretty old for chicken feet but things like these happen more often in unorganised storage facilities.

46 years ago was 1967. China was in the middle of the Cultural Revolution and I bet you that Frozen Food facilities didn't exist in those days in the town of the story. As technicians know a frozen food warehouse will last only a couple of years and these deep frozen chicken feed would have been replaced several times to new facilities. Very unlikely.

Pity but not a new record. Just bad journalism.

Related forum threads

Login to post