GoKunming Forums

Childrens English Corner

chelsbels84 (6 posts) • 0

Hey!

Does anybody know if there is an English corner for children in Kunming? I have a 10 year old student, and I'm trying to find ways to help her be more confident when speaking English. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I seriously doubt it. All English corners are done with teenagers or adults in mind. Kids have a short attention span and are less focused. It's not to say that she couldn't attend regular English corner. She might be suited for it. Give it a try.

The Book Exchange (17 posts) • 0

Actually, there are a number of children who go to the Green Lake English corner on Thursday nights. The children often talk with each other in English and sometimes interact with the foreigners/English speaking locals.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

That was my point. To have an actual " Children's English Corner" is not practical IMHO.

chelsbels84 (6 posts) • 0

Thanks for the advice. Basically, I was just hoping to find a place that wasn't in a bar or something that I could take a kid to. I think she'd get along well with other kids/teenagers. Could you tell me when and where the Green Lake English corner takes place?

Related forum threads

Login to post