GoKunming Forums

An oil refinery factory to be established in Anning

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

why do people blame the govt for all the pollution problems? if you don't get into heaven, are you going to blame your church?

how many of you people live close to your work? how many of you drive 2 hours a day to and from work?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Because they have the ultimate power to shut it down. He.he.

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

yes, but they're supplying a demand that's being fuelled by people's incessant energy needs — which everyone needs to try to cut back on.

xiashengli (46 posts) • 0

Abcdabcd, people drives two hours a day to and from work doesn't make it reasonable for the government to put the situation worse!

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

@abcdabcd i was about make same comment

to say development is driven by finance might be true, but we should not, shouldnt we? forget that is consumers who make demands

for instance, in my homeland of vasktitans, where i dont swim anymore cause has become so polluted, i went to meeting of surfrider foundation on water quality. the statistics they gave was that industrial pollution was declining because norms but consumer pollution is booming

when you consume you bound to pollute, isnt it ? meat consumption withs its fridges or food driven to unnatural intensive farms, is one most polluting consumption

in my analysis, these days i put that in the budist psychological scheme of hungry ghosts. hungry ghosts are desire realm and they have a special relation to energy, be it food, oil for cars or knowing someone else energy

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Cars can run on water. The fact is that governments don't want to have cars run on water. Where the money in that? The technology is there to solve many of our problems but the greed of the government and some of the rich elites makes it impossible for this to happen . Big oil, Big pharma, etc.

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

@xiashengli, they're making it worse because more and more people are driving. the demand needs to drop. then the supply will drop. not the other way around.

good for you if you would stop driving. the public transportation is improving with the subway system. but a lot of people will still continue to drive because status and being seen in their cars and convenience. unfortunately, for the pollution problems to be solved, many people have to make sacrifices. and many people are not willing to do so.

@gompo, where is vasktitans? never heard of it. i know about hungry ghosts from the movie apocalypto.

@liuming, yeah you're right. there's better technology out there and the greedheads don't care because they've got their Arks built so when the air becomes unbreathable they'll head for Mars. you can't control what the govt does. it's like playing chess. you can't control your opponent's move, only your own. and the best thing people can do right now is try to minimize consumption and make sacrifices, in my opinion. there are people out there developing amazing technologies. there's an american architect who has figured out how to build completely sustainable homes made mostly with recycled garbage. but unfortunately, getting the system to adopt these technologies is still a long way off. but with a little hope, prayer, persistence, refusal to admit defeat, an unflinching desire to save mother nature and ourselves, and maybe some anarchy, we'll get there.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@abcdabcd.

Congratulations! You have successfully hijacked this thread.

Monitor, this thread should be locked as it now has nothing to do with the oil refinery in Aining. Now it is about driving an hour to work and secret technology about water being fuel. Aside from the 'Al Gore" solutions of eliminating over consumption and whacking greedy big oil companies, both of which have nothing to do with China, this thread is approaching lunacy.

Related forum threads

Login to post