GoKunming Forums

Does anybody know of any good experienced HSK teacher in Kunming?

karolina (6 posts) • 0

Hi,

I've spent a lot of time on looking for experienced HSK (中等) teacher in Kunming...unfortunately I haven't been lucky to find one. I don't have a lot of time (I have to pass 6 in November) that is why I decided to ask for any advice on gokunming forum.

Jack2008 (3 posts) • 0

I know of a experienced professional Mandarin teacher - if interested let me know (you can contact me via my property to let ad)and I will give you a name and a contact number.

Regards

Jack2008

karolina (6 posts) • 0

Thank you very much for your response.

Why do you think it's a good teacher? Does she/he was your teacher? Have you ever been studying for HSK? I'm sorry that I ask so many questions but I'm looking for advice of someone who is a student. I've met many teachers here who call themselves 'experienced HSK teachers' but than it turns out that they don't know anything about this exam, it's the first time when they have book in their hands and they don't have any idea how to help student to study for HSK (any particular teaching method).

my email address: kokoosana@gmail.com

karolina (6 posts) • 0

IF THERE IS ANYONE ELSE WHO KNOWS (FROM OWN EXPERIENCE) ANY GOOD HSK TEACHER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE. I've just got an email from someone who also is looking for HSK teacher so it seems to me that there are more people who have a problem finding experienced teacher.

holosono (2 posts) • 0

Hey, why don't you check this out? www.summitkm.com/mandarin-programs That seems what you need.

"The course content includes exam taking skills and strategies as well as general Chinese; including grammar, vocabulary, reading and listening comprehension. Our HSK Preparation Programs are run for 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks and 12 weeks prior to the exam date (Dec '07). So right after taking our preparation course, you can take the exam in Kunming - one of the Chinese cities where HSK is held. All our Chinese teachers are fluent in both Chinese and English, experienced in teaching the HSK, fully certified and speak standardized Mandarin."

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

Unfortunately Summit charges outrageous prices for services you could easily perform on your own with a bit of help from Mandarin-speaking foreigners or Chinese friends. There is a huge premium attached to that school from what I've seen of their prices.

The really difficult thing about the HSK is that there is no real absolute way to prepare for it. If you read the practice books themselves, they really only consist of previous test questions and answers. It's a bit unfortunate, actually.

My suggestion would be to give yourself an honest look at where you think your Chinese is at the moment, and take standard courses at either of the universities or find a good private teacher. Taking classes through the upper-intermediate level would be a good step before diving into the HSKs. This is from personal experience, but others may have a different take on it.

MO.LIGHT.ON (3 posts) • 0

Hi karolina, I'm Larry. I'm not sure if it's late that I'm glad to tell you a real experienced HSK teacher now. If it's not late for you, just contact me.

Tel:15969515114

E-mail:liguoguang19851018@yahoo.cn

Related forum threads

Login to post