GoKunming Forums

Dance Classes

CaroKemen (1 post) • 0

Dear all,
I just arrived in Kunming and I'm wondering if anyone knows where one can take dance classes (jazz dance, modern dance, ballett...) here. I'm also wondering, if there's any place where one can take Chinese dance classes (not necessarily minority dance (although I'd be interested in performances) but traditional Chinese dance as it is performed in Beijing operas and so on).
I'm also interested in taking private Chinese classes (mainly conversation and writing).
Please write me a note if you can help me out with any of those issues mentioned above! Thanks a lot!
Carolin

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Carolin

I take Belly Dancing classes and yoga - - and it's done me a world of good.

Studio is in Bei Chen.Call me if you're interested.

Janice
158-878-69004

Reban (1 post) • 0

Oh I would LOVE to take Bellydanceclasses!
Carolin, maybe you want to go together?
I have just arrived to Kunming too :)
Where is Bei chen?

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Reban & Carolin

The Dance Studio in Bei Chen is just beyond Wicker Basket and next door to Samoana Cafe.

Bei Chen is north on Beijing Lu (many buses go direct out Beijing Lu (K1 & 23 & others) Stop is at Fortune Center (KFC & Pizza Hut) just down from Richland Hospital.

Instructor is certified by Egypt Dance School.

There are 5 ladies in my class. We would love to show you around.

My only connection with the school is as a student - - but I really like it.

Janice

pvmveen (1 post) • 0

You should phone this guy named SHXPIR!!!
He is a fantastic (hip hop, etc.) dancer and a great BAG DESIGNER!!!
His phone number = 13608861335

I'm sure you will love him!!!

natteeice (21 posts) • 0

Hello this is for the belly dancers. i am also new in kunming and would love to have something to do and meet new people. i would love to learn how to belly dance with you guys. but my chinese is not good. do you think i could still do it. also i have never taken any dance classes before. is this ok to join. please feel free to give me a call at 13808733964 of e-mail me at natteeice@yahoo.com

thank you

Natalie

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

Hey everyone! My Chinese fiancee is a belly dance instructor with experience. She can speak English and she teaches at a Chaoyue Gym and can arrange classes for anyone interested outside as well. If you want to have a private teacher just contact Nick & Duan Yanyan :)

I've been in Kunming for the past 2 years¨, started of as a student but started working a year ago. My fiancee is native to Kunming and she can speak very functional English by now. She has been dancing different dances since she was young but latelly her focus has been on Bellydance. She can teach you both the more Chinese Egyptian style and more real Egyptian Style as well.

Call Nick: 13529049664

Dixey (1 post) • 0

Dear All,

I read the previous posts about belly dance but I think they aren't up-to-date any more for this year. I'm going to Kunming for a year and I would like to continue on learning belly dance. Could you tell me any places/studios etc...where I could take belly dance classes?
Thank you all in advance.:)

Axula (1 post) • 0

Hey to everyone!! I m interested to take belly dance, if someone can help me with some number, or address ...

Thank you all

^^

Related forum threads

Login to post