GoKunming Forums

Metro again

Canuck11 (11 posts) • 0

Interesting how quickly people seem to cut one another down on Gokunming.

Perhaps you are right. Maybe Metro is different here, making that analogy misplaced in Kunming terms. It was simply an opinion, based on past Metro shopping experiences...that were, to put it mildly, frustrating.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The business license will say that they are a wholesaler. When the local govt visit, they will check for compliance. It could be that Metro are about to have, or have just had, a visit. I often see uniformed groups of visitors, not customers, in there.

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

sounds a bit hostile there, tiger. what's the matter? did someone pee in the corn flakes you purchased in the long lineup at metro?

and canuck is, in my limited experience shopping at the local metro, not that far off the mark. they check your bags, don't they? you have to leave your bag at the front counter and then waste another 15 minutes retrieving it at the end of the psychedelic shopping experience? they treat everyone like a potential thief, right?

i buy my veggies from a woman down the road and she knows me. and there's always a warm smile and she doesn't assume i'm going to run off with her vegetables or stick a zucchini in my pants.

and blobbles is spot on as always. and adds some much-needed humor to the site. very funny stuff.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

TigerTiger is just stating the obvious. Stores have a right to make policies. Shoplifting is a huge loss in retail which gets transferred to the customer. If you do not like the store policy then do not shop there. Recent articles in the press have stated many foreign companies doing business in China are being scrutinized very heavily by the local governments and even Beijing. Walmart stores have been closed in the past for several days at a time for minor infractions. I appreciate metro after living in several chinese cities where my western food choices was snickers and oreo cookies.

abcdabcd (428 posts) • 0

tiger was being hostile toward someone who criticized metro is what he was doing.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I never have to leave my bag, and am never followed around at Metro. Nobody has pissed in my cornflakes. Not being hostile, just stating the facts.

Now stop trolling.

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

I have to agree with tiger, I got a membership card super easily. No one has pissed on me or anything i am about to eat..haha...Like i said before, on weekday afternoons its quite and easy to shop there.. never asked to leave my bag or check my purchases...a quick stamp and off i go..

"Beatifying brilliance. Lovingly homely. Amazing new freshly. Stockingly pure. Facing futureness. Modernity definitive" ahahhah

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Metro staff are too busy talking to each other to care about it's customer. It's a pretty lax environment.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The last time I was there, the insecure security guard made me leave my bag at the front desk.

Meanwhile, staff were actually working. They stock the shelves during store hours and close off entire aisles to accomplish this. They seem to know which items I want to purchase and close those aisles just before I can get to them.

Related forum threads

Login to post