GoKunming Forums

Part-time teaching to supplement "Ches21's" 3500rmb teaching income

adm556 (6 posts) • 0

Im planning on going to Kunming to teach english this next August. All the benifits have been described just as Ches21 did in the previous post. 3500rmb per month, 10-14 teaching hours, and 4 office hours. Housing, airfare reimbersement, work visa, basic medical, and chinese classes offered. The work would be at a popular university in Kunming.

My Question...

Will it be easy to pick up teaching hours at english centers/private schools for 100-150rmb an hour?

I'd like to work about 5 additional hours a week...

adm556 (6 posts) • 0

Besides "going to Shenzhen" can anyone answer my question? Im frequently seeing a lot of part time teaching neede, but I'm wanting to here some first hand experience.

thanks

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The first thing you would need to do is check your contract to see if you are even permitted to take outside employment. Some, but not all schools explicitly deny you the right to work elsewhere.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Most employers contracts do not permit you to work elsewhere. This is to ensure that you are there when they (the main employer) needs you. As long as there is no conflict, they don't want to know.

Technically, working for a second employer is against the visa regulations.

Most secondary employers know the score. Timetables also vary. If you are at a university the teaching is usually (not always) in the 8-12 o'clock bracket. Some afternoons, but usually finish by 4pm.
Most secondary employers want people in the evenings and weekends. As such there is not timetable conflict.

Regards getting a job at a training centre, as has been said on here several times, if you are white and breathing you get the job.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@tigertiger,
I'm not so sure they would stick to those qualifications of "white and breathing". The pollution lately would surely eliminate both of those conditions in most of us.

adm556 (6 posts) • 0

@AlPage48
I was just thinking how I'm the poster boy for "white and breathing." Now you have to ruin it? jk I here the poluttion is bad in most of China's large/growing cities. Is the pollution in Kunming really really that bad?

adm556 (6 posts) • 0

Thanks for pointing that out kevlar. haha "I hear the pollution" lol Sorry, I was just a bit distracted during that post. Tanks fur yur hellp.

Related forum threads

Login to post