GoKunming Forums

Kunming airport in the news again

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

original article here?

usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2013-02/04/content_16199919.htm

" Passengers grew angry, and witnesses say that a group of 20 to 30 people attempted to rush the departure gate and forcibly board the plane."

I think pepper spray was appropriate in this case... though I'm still curious as to what exactly the passengers were going to do when they boarded the plane. Maybe one of them was a pilot? haha

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

I think that the police/Airport staff need to find some way to control angry crowds. Sometimes if a plane is delayed the passengers will refuse to board, meaning the plane will take off the next day,,contributing to the next days delays.

Delayed planes leading to angry violent crowds who then delay planes is a cycle that needs to be stopped. Pepper spray if it does the job seems a good solution.

Giving real time plane status would also help

Yelp1719 (16 posts) • 0

My sense is that the problem has a lot to do with poor customer service and communication, compounded by the fact that so many travelers are infrequent or first-time fliers. It can't help that the new Kunming airport is a horribly planned monstrosity.

Yelp1719 (16 posts) • 0

My sense is that the problem has a lot to do with poor customer service and communication, compounded by the fact that so many travelers are infrequent or first-time fliers. It can't help that the new Kunming airport is a horribly planned monstrosity.

Ahmet (98 posts) • 0

"a horribly planned monstrosity?" Really? Have you ever flown in and out of the old Kunming Airport? The new airport is a spectacular achievement. It is properly scaled to handle both present and future traffic. Signage is accurate and informative (even in virtually flawless English). Parking, vehicle approaches, check in counters, baggage claim, customs are all top notch. It may not be as nearly perfect as HK, but it's pretty darn close.

I do think that more training of staff is always in order. I also agree that there are many first time air travelers who are bewildered at the process and more needs to be done to accommodate and inform them.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

"The new airport is a spectacular achievement"
"Signage is accurate and informative"

My friend, spent 20 minutes in the wrong part of the airport after the security check, and she's Chinese.

Go upstairs to one of the restaurants and watch what people do after they pass the security check. A quarter of them take the left corridor instead of turning right because there's no proper signage.

Also, civilians can assault policemen without being charged?

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

" I also agree that there are many first time air travelers who are bewildered at the process and more needs to be done to accommodate and inform them."

bewildered/ quick to throw tantrums/ unable to accept when their flights wont leave/ dont care about their own safety or the safety of others/ prone to violence.

Yes I agree! Possibly some more pepper spray, attack dogs and electric batons may be needed in order to accommodate them...

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

This is what happens when the little emperors grow up.
This is the mob mentality, which is perhaps why the notion of flash mobs scare the crap out of some sections of gov.

Related forum threads

Login to post