GoKunming Forums

Why "has to be american" ???

ritta (26 posts) • 0

um,,,actually, In most UNIVERSITIES in Yunnan, both American english and british english are being taught by teachers. some put their emphasis on the former, while some hold the latter. teachers of my college encourage students to learn british english. but there are still some prefer America english. it depends.

Steve km (5 posts) • 0

i m chinese with some experience in english study. i think language study isnt a strong point of yunnan, compared to other provinces, especially developed regions like beijing or guangdong. there british accent can be sth very much admirable.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@yankee asked.
So Americans are American citizens of Native American descent?

People with US citizenship are Americans. They can then be subdivided by ethnicity, and they often do this themselves.

African Americans, Italian Americans, Chinese Americans, etc.

That is how we get ABC, BBC, CBC, (American Born Chinese, British BC, Candian BC).

The Native Americans are a people who lived in America before the European settlers arrived. Perhaps ariving from Asia about 25 000 years ago. They used to be called Indians, but that is no longer politically correct.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

@tigertiger, Heniu
Thank you.

I didn't read ekoorbr's post correctly. I thought he meant that he hires Americans and Chinese Americans.

Related forum threads

Login to post