GoKunming Forums

Real Mac Stuff in Kunming

mailman (48 posts) • 0

Has anyone tried to buy a real Mac laptop online and have it delivered to Kunming? Beijing and Hongkong are not an option for me. A reliable online shop with international delivery would be best.

All help appreciated.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

As an alternative, if you want to pay my way to Hong Kong I'll go get you one (you pay for that too of course).

mailman (48 posts) • 0

Didn't realize they existed. Thanks for the hint! I'll check out tomorrow if they deliver here. It turns out that Chinese Amazon sells them too, only at an approx 10% lower price. I wonder what that is about...

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Huh? Why don't you just buy one from one of the Apple resellers in Kunming? They are all Apple Macs, you realise. I bought one a couple of years ago from a shop here and it was absolutely fine.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I am confused, if servicing it locally is a problem, you would have the same problem if you bought it from another city and tried to service it here anyway. Why would it make a difference?

I upgraded the customer service plan for it in New Zealand no problem, they told me that it could be serviced at any authorised service centre in the world without charge.

mailman (48 posts) • 0

That's great. I actually meant any kind of authorized service. If that laptop was covered for international service, then of course it was the real deal.

Thanks

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Completely incorrect AlPage48, even according to the link provided.

Go to the link. Select the first option (Apple Retail Store Apple 授权经销商) - Authorised Dealers. Choose Yunnan - Kunming and it returns a list of 7 stores, two of them tagged as "Premium".

If you go to the link, select the 2nd option (Apple Retail Store Apple 授权服务提供商) - Authorised Service Providers, this lists 2 service providers in the area.

The last link, for training centres, lists none.

Related forum threads

Login to post