GoKunming Forums

Bombs on busses

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

Another bomb exploded on bus K2 this evening. It was reported by my wife's aunt since the bus departs from the bus station close to her home. I haven't got it confirmed yet though. Wait until the official reports come out. I just came from back from her home as well. Kinda wonder who is behind these bombings by now... and why they are all on the same route. K2 is on the same route as 54.

piers (144 posts) • 0

I heard a cacophony of police sirens driving up Beijing Lu at about 10pm. Quite possibly related to this incident.

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

I can't add to this story, but reading the phrase by TheSwedishGuy, "Kinda wonder who is behind these bombings by now ..." causes me to repeat a question: Is anyone surprised?

Access to print and Internet media information with PRC sources and published outside the PRC indicates to me that there is huge unrest in the countryside (even in Hong Kong, to a slightly lesser extent). Of course, the Olympics is making protestors more courageous, but they'll still be there post-olympics.

There are Tibetans, Mongolians, farmers who have had their land stolen (to say confisgate, simply legitimises it), etc., in Kunming. Please don't be surprised.

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

So what's the verdict on this? Was it a tire explosion or engine malfunction, or what? The article in the 春城晚报the other day wasn't too informative on whether it's a bomb or not.

Although, it would be entirely coincidental if two buses had bombs on the same route last week and this week was simply a "malfunction" of sorts...

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

I've no idea if this was a bomb or a tyre explosion. However if it was a tire explosion the fact that it created such as stir shouldn't come as a surprise. After events like this people are more alert and often very nervous so something small like a tyre explosion or engine malfunction causes panic and gets blown (pun not intended) out of proportion. At its worst this sometimes results in terrible tragedies like unarmed brazilians being shot on the London Underground.

Related forum threads

Login to post