GoKunming Forums

Clothes to give to a charity

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

I have many lovely women's shoes and clothes to give away - good, lightly worn pieces and it seems such a shame to just throw them out. I have other friends, both men and women who would also like information about a charity or other organization that accepts used clothing and shoes, please let me know... by email: englishtutour at gmail dot com.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

This was posted on here a few weeks ago
—————————————————

Looking for old clothes

Classifieds > Buy & Sell > Wanted
we are looking for old clothes to make a "recycling old making new workshop". so if you have any old clothes in your closet that you want to get rid of, please contact us!
ela: 13668733504

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I don't usually trust charities, so when I have clothes to give, I put them in bags or boxes and put them near the recycle bins where the cleaning ladies or security guys are in residential communities or go to the neighbouring villages. Me and my girlfriend try to seperate the items so that it's not just one person who gets all. We just make sure to use bags or boxes to keep the clothes from getting dirty. They are usually gone within minutes

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

Ela has contacted me and she hasn't started this recycling business yet, but will stay in touch.

Yankee00, I'm curious...why don't you trust charities? and where are these charities in Kunming?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Sad to say but I too don't trust them. Why? Many charities are not above board in how the money is being spent. Many charities spend a lot of money on administrative costs and very little on actually giving it to the people that need it. As far as giving clothes, yankee00 said, just put it next to the trash in a bag or box and it will go to people that really need it just as well.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I once threw out a blender. I left it next to a rubbish bin and someone popped out of nowhere and picked it up before I walked a few feet.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Many people in need so never throw anything away. Put it in a box and leave it next to any trash bin and it will miraculously disappear within minutes.

Related forum threads

Login to post