GoKunming Forums

Looking for a furniture builder

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Anyone have experience with having some furniture built in Kunming?

I am looking for a small company to build a freestanding kitchen pantry cabinet. I would like to have local with good skill do it for me. Is this possible in Kunming or should I just go to Guangzhou?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

There are locals.
Not sure where, but they do exist. I know others have had stuff made. Hopefully someone will chip in.

The only reason I post, although I can't give you an answer, is to save a trip/shipment to/from GZ

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Not much woodworking in Kunming as far as I can tell. I have seen more carpentry shops in Dali or on the road to Lijiang, as there is a market for wooden goods in those old towns.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

There are several furniture makers near the south gate in Dali. You will have to go see the quality of their work and see if they can make what you request. Let me know if you need specific directions on how to find them.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

@bucko, their is a furniture builder i think called Fuhan Wooden Industry. It is on the road that runs east from the 2nd ring road just north of Tanhuasi park on the east side. It is close to the Pagoda that you cannot miss when in that area. My wife has a home that overlooks this business and she has said they build furniture. Not sure if they do custom work. There are quite a few businesses that work with wood in that area.

blueice (73 posts) • 0

There are a lot of carpenters in Kunming. Many of the places that sell kitchenware/cabinets in places like 大商汇 will do custom stuff. There is a wood-working mini-factory in the west next to HuaXia School for the handicapped. You can do a search for 华夏中专 and they do custom stuff all the time.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

you can also checkout www.heartsandhandschina.com I have heard they do nice furniture. Its a charity run workshop that employs deaf people. They have a catalogue to chose from or you tell them what to make.

Related forum threads

Login to post